Is Alumacraft competitor build going to Chihuahua City, Mexico

• walleyeynot

Looks Like BRP is sending it’s boat manufacturing to Mexico. My walleye group has had issues with hull rivets leaking and floor screws installed crooked on the newer boats. Not sure what is happening. Can’t say that I care much for the new rear deck over or higher front hull either. Seems like they are taking the best fishing boat they make, and ruining it. I was looking to get into a new Competitor but now I am not sure. Looks like the 2024 new “sweeping bow” rides high like a deep-V catching more wind. I think I may have to look at a Fish hawk (Crestliner).

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Just buy a Lund and be Happy.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’ve hung onto my current boat longer than anticipated with the crazy prices and buying it originally for cash (Tuffy, 17.5′ fiberglass). When the time comes to trade I may make the jump back to aluminum to get more bang for my buck in a 19′ model. A Crestliner 1950 will be my first look.

Alumacraft won’t be a candidate.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Or Skeeter, Warrior, Ranger, Crestliner, Vexus, etc.

Currently run a 2016 Alumacraft and have been happy with it, but I sure don’t like the direction they are going with BRP.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

A Crestliner 1950 will be my first look.

My fishing buddy is on his 2nd 1850 Fishhawk. He would have gone to the 1950 but it would not fit in his garage and the 1850 is big enough for his use. I also have a 1850 fishhawk. A 2002 model. Neither my buddy or I have anything bad to say about the Crestliner. I will probably be in the market for a new or newer boat come next spring. I’ll probably take a look at a Lund but most likely will end up back in another Crestliner. I know there are many here who have had good luck with and love their Alumacraft, but they are low on my list of choices. I owned one ( Phantom ) and had a ton of issues with it. I have several friends who own some newer ones and also have a fair amount of issues.

Tlazer

Had an Alumacraft Phantom and really liked the boat and didn’t have any issues with it. Sold it and and a couple of years later bought a Lund Explorer. Also a nice boat with no issues and liked that boat too. Sold it and years later bought an Alumacraft Competitor. Also a nice boat with no issues. When I went to buy another boat I looked at Lund but couldn’t find a layout I liked, plus I couldn’t get one that was rated for a 150hp motor. So I went back to Alumacraft. Buddy has a Ranger and I’m not impressed with it, and another has a Crestliner and again I liked the Lund and Alumacraft better, but just my opinion.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

For what my buddy paid for his Lund 1875, he dang near could’ve had a Warrior 1890…

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigcrappie wrote:</div>

For what my buddy paid for his Lund 1875, he dang near could’ve had a Warrior 1890…

Boats in general are crazy expensive. The financing is too easy which raises prices.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

OK, I’ve got to ask. Since so many of the Alumacraft faithful are proud of their made in Japan Yamaha outboards, and diss made in the USA Mercury’s, how can hulls being made in Mexico be a problem?

HRG

Jason

^^^ Answer must be that the people complaining don’t realize that BRP (Can-Am) allready has mutiple factories building product inside of Mexico and have far less issues/ recalls than a company like Polaris (a MN company) does.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.