iROBOT Roomba

• stevenoak

We just replaced our downstairs carpet with LVT. Really like the difference. But notice fur-bunnies gathering a day or two after cleaning. Especially now with the breeze blowing in. My one Labs sheds way worse than any of the 9 I’ve had, and it’s long. Thinking of a Roomba that I could kick on once a day to keep it under control. I don’t need to be able to run it from Florida with my I Phone or have it do my taxes. Just a good powerful vac that covers the floor well. On a similar note. I also want to replace my 30 year old Sears 5 gallon can vac. Looking for powerful but small canister. Something like 6.5 hp, with a 2 gallon can. Ridgid from Home Depot has been the best I’ve seen. I have a 20volt De Walt. But it won’t pull hair from the truck and boat carpet very well. Thanks for any input.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I would mount a squirrel on top of it that way the dogs could get their daily exercise. waytogo

stevenoak

My younger dog is not going to need the squirrel. He’ll have to be it the other room when it’s on.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I would mount a squirrel on top of it that way the dogs could get their daily exercise. waytogo

Lol! Make sure to get some video of that. To the question we have something like the roomba. Don’t remember the brand but his name is Bob. No we didn’t name him it’s the company that named him. Anyway it works ok at best, gets stuck on rugs and other things sometimes. My opinion would be its easier to sweep it every couple days.

hnd

We run a roborock and its fantastic.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

We bought one of the entry-level i4 Roomba’s from Costco a year or 2 ago, for a level that is entirely hardwood/tile, and it does a pretty amazing job. Is it perfect, no. Does it get stuck under furniture once in a while, yes. Could it use a larger container, yes. But for what I was willing to spend, it’s been worth it.

HRG

stevenoak

Sure if you go to You Tube you could watch videos all day. As I’m putting things back in the room. I’m eliminating a bunch of stuff for the reasons you mentioned. Think I may just put 2 of the 6 chairs at the table. As it’s just the wife and I 99.9% of the time.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have a roomba and I hate that thing. Worst purchase I’ve made. Ill happily spend the 4 minutes vacuuming over turning that thing on.

hartridge

Purchased a roomba a couple of months ago. Absolutely love it. Does it get stuck once in a while? Sure. Does it make noise? Sure. But it cleans under the bed and furniture and makes my life easier. As my son says, “The hardest item in our house.”

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Bought a roomba 5 years ago to cut down on the daily vacuuming as we have 2 dogs. It’s been the most reliable piece of electronic machinery I’ve ever owned. I clean the roller brush and filter, and replace the side brushes as needed. It has never stopped working. It continues to run perfectly and do the job it was designed to do. I haven’t even had to replace the battery pack yet which is astounding. My wife vacuums once a week not once a day, it’s so much better this way.

I assumed it would be a gimmick but was willing to try it out and return it if we didn’t like it. I’ll easily buy another one if this one ever does decide to quit.

stevenoak

As I’m replacing the stuff in the 2 rooms. Have 1 small rug. 2 chairs it could likely get hung up on. Figure if I shake the rug and wait to put it down till after. I can put the 2 chairs on the table and let it fly. Don’t some models empty themselves when they get full. I can see capacity being an issue. May run my small can vac around the baseboards and windrows.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

We have a roomba, and it worked great when we had our dogs. A lab and a boxer that both shed a lot (the lab was way worse), only issue is you need to empty it almost daily but does a good job of managing the mess. You will still need to vaccuum. We have a Kirby, and personally I would NOT recommend it. It works fine, but pretty sure we could have bought 20 cheaper vaccuums that work just as well and still had money left over.

MX1825

2 of my kids have NEATO vacs. Only 1 of them have a dog. They both love them.
    I do know some of the robot vacuums empty themselves in to a larger canister automatically.

slough

I’d echo the positive comments on the roomba. I have 2 labs & hardwood floors. I bought a ~$250 model (675 I believe it is) 3-4 years ago and it has been good. As has been said, they are not perfect but they do a good job of daily cleaning. Buy replacement knockoff brushes on amazon, a lot cheaper than the roomba brand.

uninc4709

Watch black friday and you can get a deal on one that self empties and should have Lidar and all that. I picked up a Shark with a 45 day bin for my basement with LVP, runs every other day. If you aren’t around all the time the self empty is a nice feature to have as it allows unattended use for weeks.

LabDaddy1

I have a roomba and I hate that thing. Worst purchase I’ve made. Ill happily spend the 4 minutes vacuuming over turning that thing on.

Lol this has me laughing just as much as the Amazon Alexa hating you post. Guess you and household appliances(?) just don’t get along!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Never is my wildest dreams would I have ever thought there was a roomba thread. I just hope is doesn’t get political.

stevenoak

Think I will give one a try. Self empty would be nice. I can fill the upright about every 2 or 3 days. Believe it or not. Looks at Menards and Farm and Fleet yesterday. And they were…you guessed it out of stock. I always give brick and mortar first chance. But may be another job for Amazon.

hnd

its not going to deep clean. i have 5 kids 2 cats and a dog in the house and what it does it push off having to vacuum more often.

Its on a timer and goes every sunday while we are at church. it maps the entire house and and you can even control it on your phone like an RC car.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Lol this has me laughing just as much as the Amazon Alexa hating you post. Guess you and household appliances(?) just don’t get along!

I’m cursed when it come to electronics in my house hold. I asked Alexa to play some steeley Dan last night while making dinner and she put on Celine dion chased
    Can’t even make that up. My roomba vac thing won’t leave the hallway, it cleans the hall way up good but forgets about the living room and kitchen. If I put it down in the kitchen it either runs to its dock or back to the damn hallway

Anonymous
    Inactive

“I asked Alexa to play some steeley Dan last night while making dinner and she put on Celine dion”

That is one of the best lines I’ve seen

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

“I asked Alexa to play some steeley Dan last night while making dinner and she put on Celine dion”

That is one of the best lines I’ve seen

Welcome to my life rotflol rotflol

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.