iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus

• Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Who’s been running either of the new iPhones? I’m going to be upgrading in 2 weeks and I’ve been able to find a ton of reviews on both phones. However what I cannot seem to find is someone discussing how well either fit into their hand. How well they are utilized with one hand use. How well they fit into a pocket.

Anyone have any real world input on this?

Timmy

Wade – I have the 6. Looked at the plus, but it was too big for my liking. I have been very happy with the 6, in it’s life proof case. I had an otter case, but the rubbery edges made it more difficult for sliding in a pocket. The lifeproof is a thinner, less bulky design with smooth edges that slides in and out of pockets more easily.

T

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

I got the 6+ a couple of weeks ago and I do like the bigger screen. I have no trouble with it being comfortable in my hand and I have small hands. I do however have problems carrying it. Does not fit easily into a jeans pocket. Not sure how I will carry it when the weather is warm enough to go without a jacket.

usafcatm
    Drummond, WI

I have the 6, only thing is I would recommend upgrading to more memory than the 16 gig. Also ensure you have the latest software before you leave the store if possible.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Thanks. I planned on getting the 64 GB phone regardless of the model.

munchy
    NULL

If you don’t have a habit of wearing skinny jeans the 6+ will fit just fine in a normal size persons jeans pocket.

I had been running the Samsumg Notes (similar in size to the 6+)for a few years and love the extra size.

I started a new job last year and they forced me into a Crapple 5S. With it being so small compared to what I had, locked down and zero customization it feels like I have reverted back to my original Blackberry Curve.

I highly suggest the Note 4 over anything made by Crapple. Going from iOS to Android is a night and day difference.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

We are an Apple home.

Ditched PC products years ago. IMac, MacBook, iPad and iPhones. Getting another iPhone is a no brainer. Keeps the home network consistent.

After the last PC laptop product crashed (for the second time) and lost a bunch of data, we said “no more”. Went to Macbook.

The last item we’ll need to do is get a Mac TV so we can integrate the computers to the TV.

munchy
    NULL

FYI- Apples still crash, and people still lose their data.

Buying an Apple is no excuse for not properly backing up your data. And yes, they still can get viruses/malware if you are not careful.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Bought a 6 plus…..took it back and got the 6. Perfect size.

joemama
    North St Paul

I put both the 6 and the 6 plus in my hand..No doubt about it. Bought the 6

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Got the 6, it is plenty big in my opinion. like mentioned before, the life proof case is nice, a bit quieter, but more comfortable than an otterbox.

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

I have the 6, only thing is I would recommend upgrading to more memory than the 16 gig. Also ensure you have the latest software before you leave the store if possible.

Got the 6 in October, thinking the 6+ Users were crazy opting for the version only Dikembe Mutumbo could use.

Fast forward… I now have a 6+, I am very used to it, and it makes the 6 feel like it was engineered for midgets.

Both are great phones. If you use your phone for the internet, get the 6+. The formatting is much easier on the larger screen. It will feel large in your hands at first, but after a few days you’ll get used to it (wait for it…)

The battery life on the 6+ is fantastic as well. The 6, not so much. From experience….

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

anyone using the Navionics app on the 6 Plus? is it for that screen or more like the iPhone on the iPad screen?

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

anyone using the Navionics app on the 6 Plus? is it for that screen or more like the iPhone on the iPad screen?

This is Navionics on the 6+

Attachments:
    1. image22.jpg

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Thanks. I make my decision next week.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I have used the Navionics app on my 6 all season, works awesome.

Stehol

Check out Wally world I picked up a 6 (16gb) for 129+tax a few weeks ago.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I went from a 4 to a 6+ and love it. It really doesnt feel any bigger, just more like a piece of paper vs a deck of cards.

The big screen is amazing.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’m a big fan of phablets.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

You know what they say about Apple products…

You can buy a better phone, but you can’t pay more!

WarEagle

Love the Iphone 6 plus! I switched from pc to apple products years ago. The only bad thing about that is I have to use pc at work. It is leaps and bounds behind apple in my opinion. 5 Years ago I swore I would never own an apple, now that is all I have.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Well, I went with the 6+. Man it’s big but I’m coming from a 4S so it’s hard to compare. I’m thinking I’ll like it.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.