iowaboy1 goes low

• Denny O
    Central IOWA

Anyone have some good tips for this poor soul that is going to spend some much needed R&R fishing at Lake of the Woods for most of the next week?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

According to “The Weather Channel”

Fri 14
    45°/34° AM Light Snow 67% N 9 mph
    Sat 15
    44°/33° Rain/Snow 67% W 16 mph
    Sun 16
    38°/26° Cloudy 24% NNW 18 mph
    Mon 17
    37°/23° Partly Cloudy 2% N 13 mph
    Tue 18
    42°/27° Partly Cloudy 5% NNW 8 mph
    Wed 19
    49°/32° Partly Cloudy 14% WNW 11 mph
    Thu 20
    47°/36° Mostly Cloudy 21% NW 13 mph
    Fri 21
    52°/33° Partly Cloudy 10% WNW 13 mph

Sparklesonthewater
    Grinnell, Ia

All I have for a tip is keep the whiskey flowing, a sense of humor and hopefully the fish are a biting

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I hope he packed his heater bloomers!!

Mike m

Like sparkles says , keep the flask full , you’ve definitely got the sense of humor covered , dress for success , what happens at low stays at low , dont want to hear no bloomer stories !

Iowaboy1

According to “The Weather Channel”

Fri 14
    45°/34° AM Light Snow 67% N 9 mph
    Sat 15
    44°/33° Rain/Snow 67% W 16 mph
    Sun 16
    38°/26° Cloudy 24% NNW 18 mph
    Mon 17
    37°/23° Partly Cloudy 2% N 13 mph
    Tue 18
    42°/27° Partly Cloudy 5% NNW 8 mph
    Wed 19
    49°/32° Partly Cloudy 14% WNW 11 mph
    Thu 20
    47°/36° Mostly Cloudy 21% NW 13 mph
    Fri 21
    52°/33° Partly Cloudy 10% WNW 13 mph

Perfect weather !!! for nap’n, sleep’n late, going to the bar for a bloody marys EPG style, drink’n til noon so I can start on my afternoon hair of the dog, and then tying one on so I can wash, rinse, repeat.

Fishing in snow and rain and cold sh!t weather????? well,,,,, thats for folks who dont know how to catchem the rest of the year.

All bullshit aside, I have NO business going, we are scheduling work up til Christmas and beyond and this is for winterizations!!!!
    Three repowers to do, brakes, axles, wiring you name it its on the books as I type this and I have done sixteen winterizations this week alone!!!
    That doesnt include the John Deere 4010 gas I brought back from the grave the last two weeks that has sat for eight years, working on that 90 Merc warranty job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am tired, and guys, can I ask a favor from all of you whether or not you believe in something greater than yourselves???
    As I write this,, My big old stone cold heart is breaking, my kid brother is on an emergency liver transplant list, twice in the last two weeks they have pumped 22 liters of infection out of him, his gallbladder has to come out and they cannot do that until he is stabilized.
    He needs your good thoughts, your well wishes, your prayers, me? I asked him if he wanted me to stay home, his reply was to go and enjoy myself as there is nothing I can do for him…………

That saddens my soul to the core, I can fix about anything created by man given enough time to figure it out but I cannot fix something where there is no blueprint, no diagram, no parts from Napa or O’Rielly’s, Rockauto or the like, I mean, how to do you test a liver with a Fluke volt/ohm meter??
    Can you test it with a hydrometer???

This trip for me,,,, is not about or for me, it is for John, I want to come home and tell him that Christopher Robin and the gang went on an adventure for the ages and they are waiting for him to get well and join them soon so he can….

Thanks guys, I have to go for now… and thanks Sparkles, may God bless you for seeing me through this.

grizzly
    nebraska

Dress warm

Mike m

All my prayers and well wishes go to you , your brother and your family . My heart hurts just reading this , god bless my friend !!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Have a great time Sheldon and prayers for your brother.

Bring the shot guns, the ducks are moving up there

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

With that forecast, the whiskey supplies in LOW County are going to take a beating! At least a guy can fish the river this time of year and not have to worry about getting out on the lake.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m thinking Bloody Mary’s are the key to your fishing success. wink

Have fun Guys, stay warm, hope you limit out, be safe.

Where ya stayin?

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I wish your brother a speedy recovery.

Dress warm. Like it is going to be 0°. Since you are not accumulated to the cold, 26° will feel like 0°. Bloodies always helps. You claim you can finally feel everything with the rod I made you. You will have to let me know if that is still true with frozen fingers. Stay warm, safe, and give that rod a workout!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Bring all the gear for sure, had to brush my truck off of snow for the first time this year. If you need an extra bottle of bourbon stop by on the way up and I will lend you one. Prayers for your kid brother, he shares your blood so without knowing him I would still bet on him. Good luck with the fish and just relax and have a great time, you deserve it my friend.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Fish the river and bring the sturgeon rod!

-J.

Erik Swenson

Praying Iowaboy! Your brother is right. Get up there and have a great time!

Have read a number of reports of good fishing up there still. Dress warm, be safe and go get em.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The view out my window this morning.

Thoughts and prayers Sheldon.

Attachments:
    1. EDA9B698-2953-4469-8CFB-CD40FB0B7946-scaled.jpeg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Have a great trip IB! Sorry to hear about your brother. If you have a link or pic for your brothers donation, I’d be happy to share. My cousin’s wife found a kidney that way, and a couple years later she is doing great!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Dutchy… You get all the pretty snow!!🤣👍

Iowaboy… My thoughts with your brother, hope for the best.

As I’m sitting at the U of M waiting for my wife to go under the knife. She’s dealing with MERSA and is having the hip replacement removed and a spacer put in.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

As I’m sitting at the U of M waiting for my wife to go under the knife. She’s dealing with MERSA and is having the hip replacement removed and a spacer put in.

Glenn it was nice meeting you the other day, hope things work out for your wife.

CaptainMusky

Prayers Iowaboy to your brother! Health issues suck. Hopefully he has a recovery soon and gets his new liver.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

Glenn it was nice meeting you the other day, hope things work out for your wife.

thanks, same get! Always nice to put a face to a name.

shefland
    Walker

thoughts n prayers sent. If the weather allows it, the fish will bite

jrkresin
    Bettendorf, Iowa - 5 minutes from Pool 15

Sheldon, prayers for your brother and prayers for you and your group for a safe and enjoyable adventure at LOW.
    I’m betting you will be providing them plenty of entertainment!

Ripjiggen

Thoughts and prayers.
    Enjoy the time away. There will always be work to come home to.

Iowaboy1

First off, forgive my manners, Thank You Denny for inviting me along!!!!
    You guys are the best ! thanks for your thoughts and prayers for John!!

Some smart aleck sent me this picture and told me that it was spotted near Baudette MN and reportedly headed for Ballard’s……

Attachments:
    1. JD-delivery.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Prolly need 2 of those

Iowaboy1

The trip has started,at Denny’s now, blast off occurs at 5 AM Sat morning.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Have fun. Stop by north branch on your way home, I have a ice house with your name on it. No payment necessary

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.