Installing livescope

• Bernie Lotz

Putting livescope on my garmin trolling motor,does that mean the built in transducer on trolling motor is no longer needed ?

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

Not necessarily, just depends on what you are wanting to see on your graph(s).

JoeMX1825
    MN

just be careful when stowing/deploying, the #1 killer of Livescope cables is from the Trolling motor…

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Also I do not own LS yet, but if you use spot lock a lot it will be moving around with the motor shaft, unless I am missing some option with mounting.

Bernie Lotz

Wasn’t thinking about that,thanks

JoeMX1825
    MN

Also I do not own LS yet, but if you use spot lock a lot it will be moving around with the motor shaft, unless I am missing some option with mounting.

you can mount it directly on the trolling motor shaft (though as you said, spot lock then turns it automatically) or you can spend $700 and get a separate remote spinning turret or for $100-$300 you can get a hand pole. I use the hand pole for its versatility (I boat rail mount it & dock mount it with RAM mounts and use the tripod accessory for ice fishing) all with the same pole system (summit)

Henpecked

Not totally sure I understand the question, but the built-in transducer does not replace the LVS 32/34 transducer as I understand it. Just side view, down view and standard sonar. If only using the attached live Scope, then yes, it’s not needed.

Bernie Lotz

Ok thanks still scratching my head though so transducer and lvs34 will both hook up to the same fish finder, sorry for all the questions just excited to install it when it arrives and trying to figure out the best way

JoeMX1825
    MN

Livescope only uses the network port on your head unit (as long as you dont have a 1022/1222), transducer ports are all freeā€¦

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.