Inner city lakes

• mr-special
    MPLS

Jw has anyone been out on the inner city lakes. Calhoun, Harriet, isles …
    Yea I know it’s not technically Calhoun anymore but can’t remember or spell it lol

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

I wouldn’t be surprised if Harriet and the ‘houn are both still wide open, or close to it. They are both very deep lakes at roughly 90 feet and are some of the very last lakes in the metro to freeze.

Kong

Calhoun and Harriet look to have a fair amount of open water, or at least a lot of soft patches in the snow cover as i look out the office window today. I have not seen anyone out on those lakes yet during the work week.

mr-special
    MPLS

I figure it might still be a while. Thx u for the update

Ben K.

I hear there have been some fishermen on Nokimis.

My brother did a driveby of Harriet for me yesterday and said there is still open water on the south end.

Savage Brewer
    Savage, MN

ARRGHHH, sunny and 40 degrees on Saturday and Sunday wont help the ice situation.

Ben K.

I fished Harriet last night. Most of the ice was 6 or 7 inches, but also found some that was 3 or 4.

We drilled a ton of holes and only got one fish in 8 FoW right before we had to leave.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

I fished Harriet last night. Most of the ice was 6 or 7 inches, but also found some that was 3 or 4.

We drilled a ton of holes and only got one fish in 8 FoW right before we had to leave.

Up over the weeds? Are you fishing walleyes?

tim hurley

I would not fish any of those lakes unless I lived very close and then I would fish an hour at prime time.

Ben K.

Crappies. Have yet to catch a walleye on that lake but have heard (at Tim said) it is a short window right at dusk.

The crappies we finally found we’re in weeds that topped off about 2 feet off the bottom in 8 fow. I fished Harriet twice last year and it wasn’t as much work. Nice night, though. Warm enough that we didn’t even set up the shelter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.