I’m glad we don’t have this issue

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I took this 30 min ago. IT had just attacked a guy’s bobber and I saw it happen. Looks like fishing line hanging from its mouth. My wife was terrified. Saw one twice as big from the same distance under a bridge. I have always been fascinated by those things and take too many chances when I see them.

Attachments:
    1. 20230930_123343-scaled.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I took this 30 min ago. IT had just attacked a guy’s bobber and I saw it happen. Looks like fishing line hanging from its mouth. My wife was terrified. Saw one twice as big from the same distance under a bridge. I have always been fascinated by those things and take too many chances when I see them.

is that a bloated snapping turtle????????????

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mr alligator. Where are u at

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Choot ‘im! Choot ‘im!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Mr alligator. Where are u at

shock doah… I see it now. Damn what a Marron I am

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Just east of Sarasota at a state park. Visiting my Mom for the weekend
    It’s hot and I can’t wait to get home.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

During bird season?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

During bird season?

Can you believe it? Sure sign I’m getting old.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

But they taste so good.

Just east of Sarasota at a state park. Visiting my Mom for the weekend
    It’s hot and I can’t wait to get home.

Are you regretting that decision yet? Freakin’ Minnesota sucks!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

No. I like every season including winter. It’s the end of every season I get tired of!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

No. I like every season including winter. It’s the end of every season I get tired of!

Summer and fall in MN. Love them. I keep falling for the same old crap. Just like a crazy ex-girlfriend who is good at certain things. You take them back and then, boom the down sides (winter) bite you in the ass again. Come to think of it, maybe I’ll go to FL next week for a few days just to get out of MN for a while.

Gitchi Gummi

for that reason, I’m out

mosquitos and cold winters don’t seem so bad compared to having those things lurking around…

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

for that reason, I’m out

mosquitos and cold winters don’t seem so bad compared to having those things lurking around…

But they taste oh so good.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

But they taste oh so good.

They have the same opinion of you.

When I was a kid, we had a new teacher at school and he had lived for years in Australia with his Aussie wife and their 3 kids, who were about as Australian as you could get.

They visited our house quite a bit and early on, I noticed that whenever the kids put their shoes on, they would first turn them over and bump them with their hand as if getting sand out of their shoes. I asked why do you do that? They all looked at me as if it were the most obvious thing in the world and the eldest said, “You’ll be sorry if a scorpion crawled in there and you put your foot in.”

None of the kids would go anywhere near the edge of water. No amount of reassurance would convince them there were no crocs in Minnesota. They would not swim at the city beach or even go near the water.

Gators, etc. You can have them.

Gitchi Gummi

I’m with grouse. A while back I saw a video where a guy wrestled a smaller gator to get his little dog out of the gators mouth. Ya, thats a hard pass.

FryDog62

“Summer and fall in MN. Love them. I keep falling for the same old crap. Just like a crazy ex-girlfriend who is good at certain things. You take them back and then, boom the down sides (winter) bite you in the ass again. Come to think of it, maybe I’ll go to FL next week for a few days just to get out of MN for a while.”

Its called the curse – those intermittent reasons why we stay just long enough, and before you know it you’re permanent, only to pass the curse down to the next generation that gets stuck here for the same reasons too.

FryDog62

So last January after an ambulance ride when I arrived in Florida, I ended up with a stent in my widowmaker. I get released to go home with a two week, 10 pound lifting restriction.

It was cold and crappy when I left Minnesota the week before, and was 75 and sunny everyday in Florida. After about 4 days – I’m like screw this, and grabbed my rod and headed to a nearby pond. This pond has a ton of fish, all about 1-2 pounds and well below my lifting restriction.

Second cast with a Toadz… retrieving back parallel to the bank and all of a sudden the whole shoreline lunged at my lure and engulfed it. It was an 8 foot gator that easily exceeded my lifting restriction by at least 200 pounds.

I had on 30 lb braid and fought him for 15-20 seconds – he was doing the S-curve snapping thing. Quite a tug I’d say… I finally reeled down and snapped him off like you would a big pike on an ultralight rig.

A couple weeks later he strutted past the crosswalk next to our rental and went right back to the pond where I caught him.

“Big Al” video link~

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1900.jpeg

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Guessing you’re in FL? What are their DNR rules on gators? I bring my EDC everywhere we go even if it means a hassle at the airport, and I was thinking “what If I have to ventilate a big lizard in the backyard at the rental?”.

Actually, the airport routine is a lot simpler with it, and oddly enough Delta has never once lost my special checked bag. I think they handle with extra care when they know there’s real liability.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.