Illuminated cabinet door

• Doug M
    SE SD

I have to replace a cabinet door and wanting to price a custom lighted etched glass door like the yetti’s have only with my own design. I know there was a booth at the st Paul ice show with stuff like this but I can’t seem to find anything on it. I also thought I seen something on the Minnesota ice fishing facebook page also but I can’t find that either. So after 3 weeks of empty searches, does anyone know where I could look for something like this?

Attachments:
    1. Yetti-Ambient-Lit-Logo-01-600x250.png

munchy
    NULL

Find a company near you with a laser engraver. Should be able to do it really easy with plexiglass. Some places can etch glass if they have the right laser.

Otherwise if its a pretty simple design I’ve drawn what I wanted on a vinyl sticker and cut out the areas to be etched and lightly sandblasted the areas. Worked well just need to be careful not to blast the vinyl away and don’t go through glass.

Doug M
    SE SD

Find a company near you with a laser engraver. Should be able to do it really easy with plexiglass. Some places can etch glass if they have the right laser.

I found a couple that are within an hour so I left messages for them. We will see what they charge before I attempt it myself. Thanks Munchy!

braidyc

I made my own, cnc routered the design on the back of sheet of lexan and purchased some side lit leds, routered a groove into the door for the lexan and another for the led strip. Works perfectly. My cabinet doors all are inset black diamond plate so this kept the same design.

Attachments:
    1. E0B9F4E2-4AAE-4D0C-8978-3E12109605A8.jpeg

Doug M
    SE SD

Nice. This is how mine turned out.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200730_125120.jpg

munchy
    NULL

That is excellent Braidy!!

*edit* And Doug thats dang nice as well!

braidyc

Yours turned out very nice as well.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Call a local glass company, lots of options.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.