River Update

• BobKidd

Spring just got closer. The river has opened up and is now fishable from Starved Rock down to Hennipen. Quality fish are being caught in the deep holes 20 plus feet 2pounders and some 3’s. The temps are going to get cold agian this week for a couple of days but I don’t think that will freeze over agin.

Bob

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

Thanks Bob, The weather man threw a wrench at me on sunday,said it was going to be windy and he LIED. I kicked myself all day sunday. See you soon John Mannerino

BobKidd

John,

Sunday was fair. At least the wind was bearable. Small tournament went out of the rock 21 boats. 13.5 pounds won with big fish being 3#. caught at the snag hole 20 plus feet deep. Guess who John Dalzot won. Looks like to me the river is open all the way down to Chilli.

Bob

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

SURPRISE,SURPRISE ,SURPRISE!!!!!

storman
    Rockton area

First time posting here. I was out last sat. put in at Starved Rock and went down river and fished the 20 to 30 ft. holes. We did ok but had to work for the fish we caught. Saw other fish boated but none in the 3 lbs. class. Our largest was 18″ the rest were about 15″. Plan on going again this Friday if the weather is good.

Tony

Thanks for the report , good luck this weekend

storman
    Rockton area

Bob, fished tuesday, friday,saturday & sunday. Fishing was good tue. got a few footballs with fins.friday sat.& sun.weren’t as good caught a few punks but no big fish.some were trolling but most were slipping, tried both.it seemed like tue. fish wanted slipping and the weekend they
    wanted a mixure of tactics. oneday i’ll figure these fish out.i don’t get to fish the illinois that often any information would help

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

I have`nt been out,hows the bite going, John

BobKidd

John,
    It is tough for some. Still no current. Fished all last week for the MWC pulled cranks mainly to cover water and fish are scattered unless you want to wait them out. The usual spots are all holding fish but have to weed through a lot of 13.5 to 14 to get the better ones. I think the hot bite isa still coming. The weather is going to get cold later this week and I beleive that will slow some things down. The RCL could hit it just right.
    Bob

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Hey Bob,
    Is the spawn going on right now up there? It’s just about over down here on Pool 16. I was planning a trip on the Illinois this weekend (04/12). I was wondering about the water level also. Any Info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.