Ifish pro

• Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

I’m going to the Fargo ice fest tonight, I’ve been looking into getting an Ifish pro or 2 lately, does anyone here have one and would you recommend it? They are a bit spendy so I’m just wondering if it’s really worth it.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If you do a decent amount of walleye, pike, or even LMB fishing through the ice and are looking to add to the arsenal, I’d give them a look. If you already have a nice stack of quality tip-ups rigged for different species, they may be an unnecessary gadget. It all comes down to what you may already have for gear and how you prefer to fish.

I personally do not own any nor care to, but two of my regular ice fishing partners always set one. For me it is simple seeing as I already own tip-ups (pike, LMB, walleye) and tip-downs (perch and crappies) to cover everything I need. I’m not going to buy a product/tool just for the sake of replacing something I already have that works just as well.

bfishn

I want to like the Ifish, but I’m just not sure it is better than a tip-up 9 out of 10 times.

Ifish pros/cons over tip up

PROS
    1.) Reeling in a fish on a rod

CONS
    1.) Bulkier to pack
    2.) Need to bring more rods
    3.) Freeze issues
    4.) Wind Issues

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Finicky Fooler is a way better product!

Red Eye

Check out Artic Warriors.

iTinker

Check out Artic Warriors.

x2 on the arctic warrior. You can buy neoprene hole covers too!

Wardcst

FINICKY FOOLER all the way
    Yep have two with covers no freeze ups and they just work.
    No need to put release on your line.
    Sold my ifish pros and have been using two of these since last year.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

Update: I got the ifish pro 2.0 (The insulated version). Have yet to test it out.

skfishing16

Been running the Finicky Foolers three seasons. Great device for all species and the hole covers work awesome as well.

Matthew Sandys

Finicky Foolers, I have not used my ifish pro since I got them. They pack small easy to use. The only time ifish is better is in super windy conditions. Sometime the line will blow off if you have a light jig.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

Finicky Foolers, I have not used my ifish pro since I got them. They pack small easy to use. The only time ifish is better is in super windy conditions. Sometime the line will blow off if you have a light jig.

That is another thing I considered, I fish in a lot of really nasty weather so that could be a plus. I’m not really worried about taking up space, There’s a lot of room in my truck bed

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

I’m now curious about the Finicky Doolers, but I do have the ifish pro and enjoy it for perch and walleye. My kids loves it for pike, because she enjoys fighting them on the rod(as do I).
    I REALLY wish they’d redesign them to fit in a bucket though…

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I love my ifps,i use them for northern, walleye and perch.yes they are bulky not as always possible to take if one has limited room, I use the okuma bf reels,I heaven a finicky fooler but don’t really care for it, I’ll use it in a shack with a minnow mostly. Yes I have a dozen tip ups but I no longer use them. I personally enjoy fighting the fish on a rod and reel

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.