If your looking for a fall outerwear Jacket – Checkout Blackfish Gear

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Its getting to be that time of the year where you are going to need some warmer outerwear for outdoor activity. In my opinion you can not beat the Stormskin Gale pullover or jacket. I purchased one several years ago and its been one of my best purchases in recent years. Extremely warm and comfortable as well as fairly waterproof. It will not replace raingear, but will do a good job of keeping you fairly dry if you end up out in some unexpected rain. Just a FYI, It is rather warm, so I’d not wear much under it unless its really cold out. If fact I often used mine last year for icefishing over a pair of bibs. The are a little expensive at 160-190 $ but well worth the money in my opinion.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I can agree with this 100%. I will say the outer shell is a little bit sensitive though- mine rubbed against a sharp object lightly and got a hole in it. Blackfish asked me to cut it into 5 pieces, send a pic to them, and they sent me a brand new one on the house. I don’t do garage work type stuff with that one anymore and stick to my old oil-stained and beat down striker ice soft shell for that.

I cannot speak well of blackfish’s deck boots though. Thye are super comfy and definitely non-slip… but the very first time I used the pull tab to pull it onto my foot the whole back of the boot ripped out. Haven’t heard back on those for any sort of warranty. Sucks big time, because like I said they’re comfy.

ekruger01

I have both the original Gale and the stormskin. Like the original better. I have three of them in different colors. The vest is my Favorite though. I wear the vest and a good flannel or hoody for most of the winter.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I have the Gale Pullover (got on sale for $100), not the Stormskin that sells at $160.

I would call it a late Fall or active Winter jacket for me. If I throw a thermal long sleeve under it I can pretty much go all day outside in temps down to probably 20 or so if I am moving around. It’s comfy and washes up nice. Mine has become my plowing, wood cutting, sledding, ice fishing, chores jacket. A buddy puts his heated Milwaukee vest under his and fishes outside on URL and LOTW in nasty stuff and never complains in single digit temps and sub zero windchills

CBMN
    North Metro

I have several of the Blackfish softshell’s and they are the ticket for me now. I fish the river all winter and just wear my Milwaukee vest under the pullover and it is way nicer than the old bulky striker jackets. I probably own 3 original gale’s, one storm shield gale and a full zip or two.

KPE, I have had great luck with the boots, I just bought one pair when the hit the market this spring and haven’t worn them since about May so the sample is of one and only of a month or two of early spring river fishing use. Super comfortable is probably the biggest thing and as good of quality as the XTRATUF pair I have had for a few years and the blackfish are at a much nicer price.

tornadochaser

I had the gale softshell for a hot minute, but the sleeves aren’t long enough and they don’t offer tall sizes. Still have the gale vest though and it’s held up well.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Gale hoodie and vest are two of my go to’s. The hoodie is basically my outerwear over my bibs during the ice season unless it’s 10 or below and windy. Crazy warm. One of the best pieces of clothing to come out in a long time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.