IDO Slamming Salmon post trip

• Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

I too would like to say thank you for putting this event together. I had a great time as well and it is always exciting to get together with fellow fisherman and share an addictive passion. I enjoyed every minute of the fishing, the stories and exchanging tips and techniques that helped put fish in the boat. I know fishing was slow for most but for my boat, it was the best fishing I had seen so far this year. I will take big screamer hits over numbers any day! Thank you Nate for working with me to put some beautiful fish in the boat, my wife doesn’t know how much new gear I plan to purchase yet to supplement my arsenal, and Salmon Steve for sharing in the experience. You are both welcome on my boat any time. Flasher/flies still rule! I look forward to doing it again next year!

Attachments:
    1. image62.jpg

2. image61.jpg

3. image60.jpg

4. image59.jpg

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Ditto to all that’s been mentioned, and this was my first IDO GTG )
    It was great to put names to faces and really makes belonging on this network all the better. I had an absolutely great time!

It was also my pleasure to have on board with me to fellow IDO’ers I’d never met, Rick Moore and Chris Hazen. Guys, you were wonderful ‘shipmates’ and I really appreciate our time on the water and getting to know you. Rookie Chris did an outstanding job handling his first ever King, just over 13#’s.

We also had quite the Braid vs Leadcore knot fangdango like I had never seen before. But with Rick’s help (and Chris taking the helm), we turned a 5 SWR into A 4 SWR…not a bad outcome. But that was an impressive knot to behold! )

I would do this again and many thanks to all for putting this idea to action and pulling it all together.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_05381.jpg

2. IMG_05361.jpg

3. IMG_05521.jpg

4. IMG_05811.jpg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Mike Martine had big king at 19 and change on Saturday to my knowledge.

That’s a nice king. Congrats Mike. Shoot me your shipping info and size you wear and I’ll have that hoodie headed your way same day!

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

Congrats to all those that took big fish honors and to their skippers that put ’em on ’em. Great job!

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

I hope that everyone has recovered from their sleep deprivation from the weekend! I know I have and am booked and ready to hit again this weekend!

rjmoore_33
    Eagan, Mn

I would first off like to say a big thanks to Flat Fish (tim) for allowing me to join him in his boat. although I have never really fished the Milwaukee area for salmon I learned more then enough to get me started on a life time of fun. One of the best parts of the whole GTG was seeing a person who had never caught a salmon in his life hook into a 13 lb king. when the drag started to scream the look on Chris H’s face was priceless. I think he is hooked. although I did not personally get to reel a fish in I received more enjoyment for watching others reel in theirs.
    To Nate, thank you for the lunch time conversation and the wealth of knowledge you gave to me in our conversation.
    To Boog, thanks for rallying the troops and working with randy and nate to get this thing going.
    To the rest, thanks for your hospitality. I know that a lot of you guys fish together often and have a special bond already. But the way you guys opened up to us outsiders and made us fill right at home was great.
    And last to James, Thanks for putting together a web site that has brought together so many people with the same interest. I was in the military and we had a special brotherhood, but these guys on this site are just the same. they opened up there homes( boats) and play books for all of us to use in the future.
    I just want to say thank you to everyone who was involved.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.