Hunters Point Perch Festival

• johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

What is all involved with this event? Do they stake off a fishing area like other ice tournaments. Some people have said you can fish where ever you want and just bring fish in.

How does this work??

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Contest Rules:
    $15 Button Purchase Includes:
    Entrance to fishing contest
    Lake Access thru Hunter’s Point Resort

•8:00 am – 2:00 pm
    (2:00 pm sharp cutoff)
    •Weight Station at Hunter’s Point Resort
    •Perch must be alive to enter
    •Top 10 Perch by weight (coin toss on ties)
    •1st Place fish is property of contest
    •Contest is lake-wide
    •Must have button to be eligible for weigh-in
    •Must be present for prizes
    •Judges decisions are final

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The entire lake is open. Show up. Buy button to enter fishing contest and raffel. Fish and hang out at weigh in. Hope they call your button number!

-J.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have always wondered how many of the perch weighed in at this event have been swimming around in Make shift livewells all week long or even longer. i use to fish it almost every year. It has been a few years now since the last time I fished it. Use to be some SUMO perch weighed in. Have not heard much about Perch this year on the lake. May be a off year for big fish – I am sure someone will find a few Jumbo’s. They always do

big_g
    Isle, MN

I had high doubt about last years winner… some gal supposedly won with the biggest perch AND she had the biggest pout…. also rumored that her boyfriend has a permanent out of a resort a few miles south of Hunters and they happened to have spent friday night on the ice in it Short of lie detectors, how do you do it ? There was alot of cheering when she won the perch…and then alot of “mumbling” in the crowd when they announced the pout and she won that too

super_do
    St Michael, MN

It’s just like the Eelpout Festival. They use the word “festival” instead of “tournament”. Pretty much anything goes.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

It’s fun. The raffel is the reason to spend the $15.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.