Crappie…Crappie….WHITEFISH!

• drew-evans
    rochester MN

NICE FISH GUYS!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You brine them yet, because I got the smoker ready!

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Awesome whitefish and some dandy slabs.

arklite881south

Quote:

You brine them yet, because I got the smoker ready!

These of course are fantastic smoked fish, but also very good fried or baked. The Whitefish meat is as white as snow when fried up. These were some true tankers yesterday. Lots of fun on crappie tackle!! The Crappies were very fickle with the below zero start to the day, but become more active with the warming of the sun. I love this time of year when that sun starts packing a punch even in cold temps. The solar head can literally heat your Otter by itself.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Great pictures Chris

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

That looks like a blast

earnit

Thursday and Friday can’t come soon enough!

dadshamp2
    Becker, Mn

OUTSTANDING! Looks like an awesome trip guys!

wismitty
    Janesville wisconsin

Thanks for the photos Chris.I am baking some up tonight. The bite was definetly tough thats for sure.Keep up the good work Chris, Anyone going up this winter is truely lucky as it will only get better.Thanks for everything Chris.
    Mike Smith

arklite881south

Had a great time fishing with you boys Mike!! That is what I call a “Blue Collar” crappie fishing day. Pounded holes to put those fish on the ice. A guy holding point simply would’t get in front of enough fish. Those fish are starting to group up in larger pods which of course can make for fantastic action when you hit that honey hole!! Hope to see you again next season Mike!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.