“DONK” YA!!

• arklite881south

After working indoors for 15 crappies yesterday in the fierce wind I had a hunch today would likely be a big producer as we were in day 2 of the new pressure system with big fish present. You know the best thing about fish getting tight lipped……They’ll likely be getting hungry tomorrow!! The stabilizing barometer had donks drooling over tightly worked presentations in a vibrate and rise system.

Well……..We put the heat to these “DONKS” all day today!! Congrats to both Mike and Jon on the awesome fish!! At one point I pulled 4 consecutive 12-13’s in a matter of 5 minutes!!

Diamond jigs Tiger pattern in the new size 8 tipped with plastics or euros…..PICK your poison!! http://www.customjigsandspins.com

Hey Bob….”DONK YA” VERY MUCH! Crappies continue to love your tackle!!

arklite881south

Hey Ryan Until we can’t safely get our customers out anymore……Then I’ll likey go for another week alone or with fellow crappie addicts!! “Mother nature” my friend…… is simply too hard to predict. It does appear as though you guys must have really ticked her off!! I hope we never melt this sheet right now though!! BRING ON THE DONKS!!

LIVE IT!!

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Well DONK YOU TOO

Great fish and pictures Chris

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Nice crappies & pics

earnit

16 days ……but who’s counting

See ya soon!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

See ya soon!

Who? Me! I’ll be there in 16 hours!

leeck12

Chris i’m a diy’er and have never been to rainy i’m ashamed to say. I’m wondering if i can come up and pay you to point me in the right direction. and can i get around on a wheeler or do i need my sled. Thank you for any advice you may be willing to give.

earnit

Quote:

Quote:

See ya soon!

Who? Me! I’ll be there in 16 hours!

Awesome! Good luck….hope to see some pics!!!

arklite881south

Hi Terry,

I don’t do any spot guiding anymore. I’ve did it in the past, but just didn’t work out too well or make sense as a direction for my guide service. Right now you can get around with a wheeler pretty well with our snowpack. Of course as we all know especially the boys in the Metro area…….THIS can change in a heartbeat.

Yes I believe not only Rainy Lake, but many of these big fisheries from LOTW, Rainy River, Rainy Lake, Kab, Namakan, Sandpoint, Crane and Lac La croix……No doubt will keep an angler busy for 20 lifetimes!!

timmy

A couple of fishing buddies I run with have had “issues” in the past with alcohol/driving……

Is there good options for chasing Donks on the US side, or is it a canadian only option? The queen does not look favorably on guys that have made a few mistakes……

T

leeck12

Thank you sir. Do you have any openings left anytime soon? I’m itchin to load up and go.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

A couple of fishing buddies I run with have had “issues” in the past with alcohol/driving……

Is there good options for chasing Donks on the US side, or is it a canadian only option? The queen does not look favorably on guys that have made a few mistakes……

T

I don’t think Chris has done ANY trips into Canada in… a long time. If he’s been fishing in Canada I’m in trouble because that’s not where I’m meeting him tomorrow…

So yeah, lots of ops for big crappies in US waters.

timmy

Thanks for the reply.

I still like fishing the canadian waters, but I am runnign out of friends that are ‘eligible’ to make the trip…..lol.

T

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Nice fish and awesome pics Chris!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Thanks for the reply.

I still like fishing the canadian waters, but I am runnign out of friends that are ‘eligible’ to make the trip…..lol.

T

I like fishing up there too. I don’t like the 3 hours it takes to get work permits at the border and the $900 – $1200 it costs me for those permits to take a crew across the border for the privilege of filming in Canada.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I’m officially jealous!! No safe ice down here!
    Good job Chris!

arklite881south

Hey guys,

We fish both Canada waters and US waters, but mostly on the US side. There are several options for great chances at big slabs in the Red, White and Blue. This makes it convienent for guys that want to stay this side of the border summer or winter. I have a couple select days still open for this March, but other than that am currently filling next years Crappie trips.

March 13-14 and April 1-2 still open due to 2 reschedules.

arklite881south

Quote:

See ya soon!

See YOU soon!!

arklite881south

Quote:

I’m officially jealous!! No safe ice down here!
    Good job Chris!

Thanks Luke!! I suppose you boys are thinking open water now. What do you like to fish for in March Luke?? Does you ice typically go this quick?

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Our ice is sporadic at best… The ice could be safe again after this weekend. Lately it has been open water eyes on paddle tails. After this weekend if the ice is safe, either crappies, walleyes, or wipers through the home water ice. March tenth Winnipeg again!!

arklite881south

Exciting Luke!! That Winnipeg trip sounds fun!!

Heck Walleyes on Paddletails sounds fun!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.