Marcum Issue

• score92
    WBL, MN

For whatever reason, my VX-1 stopped working yesterday. It will turn on, but instead of the flasher going around and showing colors, it is all black with a single buzz sound that stays on (almost like a fish alarm). Any thoughts? I tried to call Marcum, but all avenues pointed me towards emails and getting a response within 48 hours. I am not able to reach a person.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

If your connections are good, I’m 90% its the ducer.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Quote:

If your connections are good, I’m 90% its the ducer.

x2. Had the same issue with my LX3. Borrow a ducer if you can to narrow down the problem.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I had a similar issue with my LX-5 and it was a bad battery. Are you hearing any clicking from the transducer?

wwayn720
    West central Wi

I had a similar problem with mine last year but if I pushed the cable into the ducer and set it in the water gently it would work for a while. I called them up and they told me it would be hard to get the warrenty on it being that it would work on and off so I just ordered a new one over the phone and had it it 3 days. I know some people have had issues with marcums cusomer service but I had no problems.

kylegustavson

Guess thats what happens when you buy Marcum….they sure do look nice but they are newer to the game than is the Vexilar…oh well…..hopefully you get serviced correctly and dont get hosed

score92
    WBL, MN

Took it to Marcum (Versa Electronics) in New Hope. They had it fixed in 30 minutes. It was the motor that went bad.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Guess thats what happens when you buy Marcum….they sure do look nice but they are newer to the game than is the Vexilar…oh well…..hopefully you get serviced correctly and dont get hosed

Don’t be ignorant….Vex has had there problems also

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Took it to Marcum (Versa Electronics) in New Hope. They had it fixed in 30 minutes. It was the motor that went bad.

Glad to hear it turned out good and in a hurry too

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

They had it fixed in 30 minutes.

Thirty Minutes! You must have been chatting.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

since there have been multiple marcum question threads and the op got his problem fixed, can I ask something quick, are older LX-5s(3-4 years)setup the same as the newer LX-5s, or do the new ones have different features than the older ones?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

They have the same features. I do beleive the soft pack has changed however. My LX-5 has seen 5 years of soft water and hardwater action and has not missed a beat

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Quote:

since there have been multiple marcum question threads and the op got his problem fixed, can I ask something quick, are older LX-5s(3-4 years)setup the same as the newer LX-5s, or do the new ones have different features than the older ones?

I have one of each. The newer one has a better signal returnn, more green – might be that extra power. The transducer has an epoxy bottom and slightly smaller transducer cord.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

so an older marcum would be a safe investment then? if something went out would it still be serviceable by marcum?

Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

I own a LX-5,& yesterday it was making noises on the unit itself like a humming. It start then stop. Anyone have an idea why??

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I own a LX-5,& yesterday it was making noises luke a humming. It start then stop. Anyone have an idea why??

If this is the kind of vibration that goes away when you reposition the unit then I’ve found it often is due to a loose head unit (tighten the gimble knobs on each side of the unit) or the battery can vibrate ever so slightly in the tray. Tighten the velcro around the battery. That usually puts my marcum back in stealth mode.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.