Tip Downs in Iowa

• asch
    Eastern Iowa

Will a tip-down be considered at tip-up on the Mississippi in Iowa so that you can run three tip-downs and two lines? If it is considered a line then you can only have one and fish a pole or two and not fish a pole. I tried one at Sny Magill and have caught several nice crappies.

herb
    6ft under

Call your warden. I’d consider it the same as a tip up because you are not constantly handling or jigging it.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

The only way to know for sure is talk to the DNR. They might not even know for sure until they see it in action.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

here I thought I’d read about someone who had too much to drink!

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I was thinking the same thing Saturday when I was out. In Kansas we are allowed 8 tip ups. I know 8 is way too many, I do have 8 but have never used more than 3 at a time. Anyway a few weeks ago when I purchased my fishing permit I decided to pay $5 for a third pole permit so that I would know for sure that I could fish with three tip downs or 1 pole and 2 tip downs. None the less it was too cold for the tip downs Saturday 10-15 degrees with a pretty stiff wind and the holes turned to slush with in a few minutes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.