St. Criox weekend report

• randeye
    Hudson

We spent the better portion of the weekend fishing the croix. We got a late start on Friday but were set up by 5:00 off Anderson pt in 27 fow. We had lots of lookers but no takers.

On Saturday we were back on the ice by 0730. We set up west of shantytown in 30 fow. Same results, lots of lookers. We made a move around 10:30 and headed south. We set up in 31 fow and managed to ice one 11″ crappie, with tons of lookers to go along with it.

Sunday we decided to go south again. We set up in 25 fow and my FL-18 was marking fish from 3-12′ off the bottom. We ended up catching 15 crappies and 2 saugers. Most the crappies were of the smaller veriety 8″ (returned to grow bigger). We did lose one nice slab in the hole and two other keeper size fish on our walleye sets.

We were getting the crappies anywhere from 3-12′ off the bottom on gold tripped with a crappie minnow. One thing to note, a few of our nicer crappies came on our walleye sets closer to the bottom on frosty’s and buckshot spoons with larger fatheads.

I had 17″ of ice in the areas I fished. I hope to get my perm out this week and hunker in it over this coming weekend. Sorry no pics from this past weekend, hope to have some in my next report.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Thanks for the report Glad you got some to bite

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Thanks for the update, I cant wait till I get out there fishing one of these days

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Yeah, it’s hard to catch them from the couch….might be a sign that you’re hanging out with BK too much?????? That or you’re getting old and just can’t keep up I myself know that I’m too old and go to bed early so that I can get up and go fishing. Maybe I’ll see you out there this weekend?

croixwalleye6

why do you people with permenant house’s decide to put your house on th hott!!! spot you are morons in my eyes keep your good spot’s to your self and maybe a few good buddie’s. 1 house leads to 15. have a guy that i went to high school with and has a big mouth!!! talked about my hot spot that i have had for years to my self and now it’s the new shant’y town. could strangle him. he now knows my vehicle and follow’s every where i go along with his retire’d dad. why don’t you get off your a$$ and find your own spot’s if you have that much time!!!!!!!!!!!!

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Those St.Croix crappies sometimes want very small morsels, sometimes they only want the larger fathead minnows. I’ve had fish that will stare at the smaller crappie minnow and then go straight to bite down on the fathead minnow instead. Some days they do the opposite to me. Other days it’s the deadstick that catches them. Then other days it’s huge jigging lifts and drops.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

why do you people with permenant house’s decide to put your house on th hott!!! spot you are morons in my eyes keep your good spot’s to your self and maybe a few good buddie’s. 1 house leads to 15. have a guy that i went to high school with and has a big mouth!!! talked about my hot spot that i have had for years to my self and now it’s the new shant’y town. could strangle him. he now knows my vehicle and follow’s every where i go along with his retire’d dad. why don’t you get off your a$$ and find your own spot’s if you have that much time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time don’t hold back and tell us how you really feel.

Next time you go out, give me a shout. I need some new hot spots.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Quite easily the worst post I’ve seen on IDO in some time. I’m guessing those in any house just want to catch fish. And if 15 small crappie and two sauger is a hot spot, I’m glad I don’t icefish anymore.!!

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Sometimes the hot spot is only hot becuase of all the free fish food.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.