Chetek Chain 1/8/2011

• mduffy1969

Got out for a few hours on the Chetek Chain this afternoon. The lake is in beautiful condition since the rain sent the snow and slush packing. Good solid ice and smooth with enough snow for good traction. Trucks are traveling uninhibited now. I punched a few holes on a point that had not yet been fished this season as far as I could tell. It is a favorite spot of mine and we have always done well. Had my 12 year old daughter with me. She’s not too into the fishing but likes to be out and wants to keep everything we catch. We caught a bunch and kept a sportsman’s dozen of good eaters. Mostly big gills with a couple of really decent crappies (for the chain) mixed in. Caught the fish on a small Bro Bug tipped with a waxie and CJS Ratso in glow and pink. My buddy Robb joined us for the last hour or so. He had set up shop around noon today and took 25 home for the freezer. That’s really cool since he is just now getting addicted to the sport! I think the bite was good all over. There were scads of people out on the lake and most of them stayed late. Later than us – we tore down at last light. Might get back out for a while tomorrow. Gotta watch the Pack play for sure. Counting down the hours until Thursday when I head over to Mille Lacs with a couple buds for the day. Sounds like the perch bite is on and I am looking forward to that. Hope you all are enjoying success on your favorite sheets of ice so for in 2011!

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

glad to hear you got on some fish. I used to fish that chain every summer for a week long period and we caught some dandy gills out of there

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.