sleeper shacks on LOTW??

• icepromk
    sw wi

i am trying to put together a trip up north in one of those sleeper shacks for walleye, im in lacrosse wi dont really want to make the drive all the way to LOTW but i will. so if anyone has any suggestions on an outfitter on LOTW or on a closer “good” lake i would appreaciate it. cant find any info online unless you know the name of the place you want to go. thanks.

Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

“Walleye retreat resort “is pretty darn good about moving their sleepers around according to the bite. They try hard to make sure your on fish. Check them out. Good Luck!

randeye
    Hudson

There are a number of Resorts/outfitters that rent sleepers on the soth shore of LOW. Many of the resorts also have day shack and cabin on shore packages. We have spent long nights after dark in our wheelhouses not catching much. Watch out for those late night Pout, they can make a mess of all your lines! One benifit is we have had good success on early morning bite, where if being tansproted from shore one might get the tail end of that bite. Freds Beds, Walleye Retreat both have sleepers. Cyrus Resort, Walleye retreat, Randalls, Sportsman.s all do day trip/cabin options. There are many more that have what you are looking for!

Another option is Red Lake. It is only about a hour closer that LOW but another great body of water that has a number of Resorts/outfitters that have sleeper rentals. One benifit from my past trips to Red. We had a bite that went of after dark and off and on during the day. This year the conditions have been less that great on Red, lots of snow and not making great ice out past 1.5 miles. Nowever they have shacks out and are fishing.

Mille Lacs is also a option for renting a sleeper shack. There are lots of resorts/outfitters that have what you are looking for. Probably not going to catch the numbers that you are on LOW but its much closer. Hunters Resort, Lybacks, Rocky Reef, Fishermans Warf, Macs Twin Bay, to name a few have rentals on Mille Lacs.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Red lake and the Washkish Minnow Station will not do you wrong, Kelly and Patsy are awsome and Jonny P the guy who caught the giant pike in the video on the home page will drop by from time to time to make sure your on fish as he heads their seek and destroy team. They ALWAYS put me on fish and it seems much easier and more relaxed than LOTW, BUT if you really want to hardcore it you can stay in a nsleeper house on Red and catch the day bite on LOTW in portables and hammer the night bite that should be setting up on Red very soon. Regardless of what you do goodluck and have fun!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.