underwater cameras

• icepromk
    sw wi

i was wondering if anyone has any advice on underwater cameras. i have the cabelas one, but have also fished using the aqua cam and also the aqua vu, all black and white. in my opinion when ice fishing in 12 feet or less water they are the best tool you can have, better than a vexilar! over 12 ft nothing beats the vex simply because you cant see anything, but with all 3 cams i have used the picture sucks at seeing any farther than a few feet away when at 10 ft or more, just enough to see a couple jigs and thats about it. i was just wondering if the color cameras that are out now are any better at seeing whats going on down there. more so at depths of 10 to 20 feet down?

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

You can’t beat the Aqua Cam for the money!!!!!

LED Lights, great for clear water applications.

Priced Right.

Dog

icepromk
    sw wi

do the led lights light up like a flashlight? does it help at all in deeper water, cloudy days, nighttime? mine has infrared lights and they are worthless as they reflect every particle floating around in the water. fish mississippi backwaters mostly, dirty water.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Check out the Marcum systems. They use Sony cameras with incredible vision and resolution. I believe you will find BrianK here on the site using these cameras in his underwater videos on the Mississippi. James and his TV crew also use the Marcums. I have an Aqua View in the cabinet as a place holder, but use my Marcum 825C on the ice, and in open water. Search IDO for all sorts of reviews of these cameras. I think you’ll hear raves for the Marcums.

icepromk
    sw wi

Quote:

Check out the Marcum systems. They use Sony cameras with incredible vision and resolution. I believe you will find BrianK here on the site using these cameras in his underwater videos on the Mississippi. James and his TV crew also use the Marcums. I have an Aqua View in the cabinet as a place holder, but use my Marcum 825C on the ice, and in open water. Search IDO for all sorts of reviews of these cameras. I think you’ll hear raves for the Marcums.

the cabelas cam that i have now also uses a sony camera. out of the water it has a very good picture but once u get down 12 14 ft or so it gets bad because of light and water clarity problems, i assume that they all do was more so wondering if the color made it better for some reason. dont understand y u get 100 ft of cable and only works 15 ft down?

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

Icepro, I have the Marcum 820 which is also a b/w unit. The colot spectrum drops off sharply after 12 feet but the cameras in the new units do a better job using the ambient light none-the-less. And the new units have a b/w option for deep usage. You have it right about the shallow use of cameras and the deep use of sonar units. There is some debate as to whither the led lights attract or drive off fish. Some fish are curious, others are wary. Try a buddy’s before you buy.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Try using any other brand camera in 50 feet of water on the Mississippi.

This was taken with a Marcum 825c, but the 625sd and the 620 B&W will give you the same clarity results.

When I say any other brand…that’s exactly what I mean.

iowabucks
    SE Iowa

Wow, you must some pretty clear water up there in the northern reaches of the Mississippi River. Down here in SE Iowa where i am you would be lucky to see more than a couple inches. We have a mud bottom base with a chocolate milk river.

icepromk
    sw wi

wow that is clear, im impressed but i dont think it would look like that below lock and dam no 7 50 ft down. or would it???? tonight, tomorrow

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I can’t guess how it’s going to work in your particular stretch of river. Pool 4 cleans up real nice about this time of year until the spring run offs start.

It’s knowing that these cameras can be used on cloudy days and after dark with out the dreaded snow storm effect of partial reflection is what’s important here.

If a camera works on a body of water during the day, the Marcum line will be clearer, sharper and very very usable in the dark.

Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

What’s the difference between the 825c & 825sd?

Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

That link explained it well,Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.