Marcum remote control panning device

• benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Has anyone tried it yet for their underwater camera? What do you think?

stevenoak

Used mine for the first time this week.Vis.in the lake was poor so didn’t get much use.Seems like it works good.One down side I found is the battery cover.Four tiny screws hold the cover on.They are a pain to remove.One was so tight I took it to work and used a snap on screw driver to keep it from stripping.Dropped one on the tile floor in my office and nearly couldn’t find it.When I put the cover back on if the screws are a little tight the cover bows and will not seal out water.Overall I would give it a B grade overall.The battery cover a big F.Works well with the direction arrows on 825 sd.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Thanks Steve
    Has anyone else used it? My biggest complaint when using cameras is all the time spent setting them up and just when your set up the camera moves a bit. I have used the Marcum Compass. If this works I might start using the camera more

chriswallace
    Andover, MN

The camera panner makes using a camera enjoyable!

icepromk
    sw wi

Quote:

Thanks Steve
    Has anyone else used it? My biggest complaint when using cameras is all the time spent setting them up and just when your set up the camera moves a bit. I have used the Marcum Compass. If this works I might start using the camera more

the camera compass is great. just put the camera down to the depth you want and you can turn it any which way. vexilar makes it easy to put camera right in the range that you are marking fish. i also marked my cable every 2.5 feet up to 30 with bandage tape, works great.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I can understand the screws being a pain..but on the other hand using a snap-on only cover would suck. I have tape holding the battery compartment covers on 2 of my 3 remote controls to hold the batteries in.

Personally, I’ll complain about the use of C size batteries. I have every other size in my house…but not C’s. Guess that’s a trip to the store.

I haven’t used mine on the ice yet, but in the garage it works just as good as my Marcum 560 that came with a panner attached. (I hated that extra power wire BTW)

I had a concern about the gears stripping, but now that I’ve inspected them closer…that’s not going to be an issue.

With the depth right on the display of the new Marcum line finding your lure is going to be a snap!

bassrat13
    north central iowa

here’s the question….marcum panner or aqua-vu mo-pod? i’m looking for something to turn my camera right now…actually been taking my 6 year old daughter with to do it so i don’t have to get out of my seat (trust me, i know lazy!) anyway… from what i understand, the mo-pod is a wireless remote and runs off 12v battery and the marcum has a cable and runs off C batteries… any other differences?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

If you go with the $199. (sale price) wireless remote, make sure it’s strapped to your daughter!

bassrat13
    north central iowa

Quote:

If you go with the $199. (sale price) wireless remote, make sure it’s strapped to your daughter!

hardly….she can darn near fit through an 8″ hole!!!!

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Check out the 3:44 mark on this video. I have one and have not had the ice to test it on. Just hanging the camera and panner between a couple saw horses worked pretty slick, but that is not on the ice. BTW I am still waiting for ice.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

hardly….she can darn near fit through an 8″ hole!!!!

Strap the remote to your daughter and strap your daughter to you!

Thanks again Twist…ps you can have the ice in my driveway.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.