extra long ice rod?

• youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

My dad had a long ice rod… at least 4′ that he used for panfish before it broke. Can’t remember where he got it and the rod is not labeled at all. Any ideas of who makes it and where I can get one? Thanks

fishsjj

I’m sure several companies make 4′ rods. For the last several years, I have used HT’s MicroMaster Super UltraLight 48″ rods (MM-48). They also come in a 4’6″ (MM-54)rod. I really enjoy using these rods as they have a light tip but plenty of backbone for panfish. In my opinion, a very fun rod to use.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

I’ve seen a 4′ long yellow Ugly Stik rod at Mills Fleet Farm that will do, although it’s not an actual ice rod. I’ve also recently picked up a St.Croix Premier at 42″ but it’s medium power, so it’ll be a tad bit too much for just panfishing. Not sure how well it will work out yet. Still going to try to catch my first fish on it and see how it goes.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

It may have been a custom built from another rod tip section also. Not uncommon for a lot of guys to build them out of broken flyrod section, or any any other blank that suited the desired action.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I have the HT 48″ blue rod with the orange tip. Couple that with a spring bobber and it’s one of the most fun panfish rods out there. It’s tough to fish with in a shack though.

When I’m fishing in 3-4′ of water I like to be a little farther away from the hole and this works perfectly for that. Also I can just lift the rod tip up and pull the fish out of the water without reeling or hand over handing the fish.

mroberts
    Nebraska

My brother has an egal claw that I think is around that long. I think it is called the ultra light pro.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

“I have the HT 48″ blue rod with the orange tip.”

should be able to pick one of those up at Gander mountain.

Schooleys makes one nearly identical to them but they’re sort of a mint green color.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.