How to blow out Mr. Heater & Big Buddy gas lines?

• kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

I get a few google hits when searching for the above listed information but what I’d like to know if some site member has completed this task. I have the Mr. Heater Cooker model and gas will no longer flow unless the release button is pressed. The Big Buddy is not getting adequate gas either as it will not run on high. It’s my understanding that both these units are susceptible to clogging due to dust.

Can anyone help me out or direct me to a website with this info?

Thank you in advance.
    Kurt

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Quote:

I have the Mr. Heater Cooker model and gas will no longer flow unless the release button is pressed. Can anyone help me out or direct me to a website with this info?

Thank you in advance.
    Kurt

A new thermo couple will fix this problem

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I have the Mr. Heater Cooker model and gas will no longer flow unless the release button is pressed. Can anyone help me out or direct me to a website with this info?

Thank you in advance.
    Kurt

A new thermo couple will fix this problem

X 2 – I have done this a couple time and it has always worked.

seeds
    SE WI

I’ve cleaned mine a couple times.It’s been a couple years,so I don’t quite remember the specifics…. I disassembled what I could easily do,and blew compressed air thru everything I could. I cleaned the oriface with a Q-tip – I think I removed about 1/2 the cotton before using it.

At the time,the Little Buddy was on sale. I was also told (by someone online)to get a new thermocouple but for just a few dollars more I was able to get an on-sale NEW unit. Then I found out I could clean the “old” one,and had nothing to lose by trying it.

PSI for the compressed air was probably under 75lbs….I no longer know which is the older unit.

hangartner
    fayette,iowa

just take it apart and tap it then blow backwards thru the line . I placed a filter on mine never bothered again. Got it at cabela’s. rust from the tank gets in the thermocouple

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Thanks – this gives me a few things to try. I’ve went thru my fair share of couplers and I really think it’s just an accumulation of dust. I’ll look for a filter as well as my tanks are getting up there in age…

Thanks for your time! Kurt

John bradley

I just disassembled my mr. Big buddy a d it really not that bad. I was able to remove all of the lines a d valve’s a d lean them. I also removed the heater block as and cleaned them also. After all the cleaning and reassemby was complete I had to see if what I did it would still work. Sure enough the ignitor started the pilot and I turned on the gas. All three settings work like new. The issue I was having was the second burner had a big flame coming out of it. It would not glow red like the other one and the pilot would take for ever to light. I hope it will continue to work a d will probably do this every year before putting it away.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

My Big Buddy sat a couple years and last year I went to light it and it wouldn’t stay lit. Searched You Tube and basically partially disasembled it and blew compressed air through the lines and worked like a charm. I think I disasembled more than I needed to even. You Tube had some good videos.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.