Why does my srtikemaster

• roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

…bog down and kill everytime I hit resistance. I can start and run my auger just fine, but everytime I start to drill into the ice it kills. I have new gas and it has been properly winterized every spring. It is lazer mag and only 4 years old. Is there an adjustment on the carb???

Thanks in advance

juan_arellano
    wright county - mille lacs

when you are going to start drilling try the place the choke at half way and see what happens. If it work like that you have a problem with it running to rich.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

how sharp are your blades?

dwbeals
    Iowa

Not sure but make sure you aren’t covering up the intake either. I like the choke idea too, probably better adice than mine. Hope you get it figured out!

onestout
    Hudson, WI

If it is running rich and place it at half choke that would cause it to run richer. The trend that I’ve seen is that in order to meet emissions the small 2 strokes have run so lean that they are short on power. They don’t have any snap when you crack the throttle and the carbs have no idle mixture adjustment to correct this. There is also no main jet adjustment which is what it sounds like is needed in this case. The best way to tell if it is running rich or lean is to pull the plug and read it.

On a side note running the oil mixture richer does not richen up the air/fuel ratio, so run the oil ratio where it is supposed to be for optimum performance.

roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

Blades are brand new last year, and I’ve tried playing with the choke which doesn’t seem to help either. As soon as the blades hit resistance, it dies.
    This might call for a road trip Big Lake.

Bones
    New Prague, MN

clean the screen and the foam that covers the carb.

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Dirty carb,diaphram etc. Take it to Strikemaster and they will have it running in 15 minutes with minimal charge.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Had this once, put some new feul, oil, and dumped in a bunch of SEA FOAM and she took off and never looked back.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Have you changed out the plug. I once thought I had a bad head gasket with the same symptoms, it was the plug.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.