Old vs New Marcum Camera

• stevedobie
    Central, MN

With the post about Vexilar vs. Marcum in Cameras, it led me to ask this question to myself. Should I trade in my 825c for the new 825sd? My 825c has only been used one season and about 5 times. Undecided…. Comments/ thoughts welcome.

Steve

Denny O
    Central IOWA

If you could get one whale of a price out of it maybe, but other wise it might be an expensive up grade for the bonus improvement.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Steve, that’s going to be a question that each person will have a different answer for as it fits in with their style of fishing.

I will say that the new SD units have the temp, depth and DIRECTION the camera is facing on screen…and it comes with the panner.

I like to place my camera in a hole outside of the fishhouse and shoot back to my lure. With out the remote control panner or a fishing partner this is darn near impossible.

The panner can be bought separately for your older cameras, but without knowing the depth or direction we’re still in the dark.

To some, that alone is worth the up grade. Too others the 300% brighter display will entice them over.

I can’t wait to get back on the river with one of the new ones.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

Steve, that’s going to be a question that each person will have a different answer for as it fits in with their style of fishing.

I will say that the new SD units have the temp, depth and DIRECTION the camera is facing on screen…and it comes with the panner.

I like to place my camera in a hole outside of the fishhouse and shoot back to my lure. With out the remote control panner or a fishing partner this is darn near impossible.

The panner can be bought separately for your older cameras, but without knowing the depth or direction we’re still in the dark.

To some, that alone is worth the up grade. Too others the 300% brighter display will entice them over.

I can’t wait to get back on the river with one of the new ones.

Heck Briank, I can’t to get on the ice down here w/ my new one purchased last weekend!
    My decision to buy happened late in last years season, my old sony camera in my Vista Cam got moisture in it so the decision to buy new was simple!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

my old sony camera in my Vista Cam got moisture in it so the decision to buy new was simple!

I’m thinking you’ll be a happy man, once you get out fishing with it!

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Quote:

my old sony camera in my Vista Cam got moisture in it so the decision to buy new was simple!

What did you get then?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

My old camera was a BW 9inch screen. I’ve meen reading lots on the new cameras as of late as well as looking into the salt water “serious” cameras that we se filming done with on TV. Ouch couldn’t stand the heat in those high $ kitchens!

So, I ended up with the Marcum VS825SD. Had a friend pick me up one from the show. For a better price as well.

Just got a call from Reeds Monday afternoon, said they had both cameras on hold with my name on them. Talked w/ them very late last Oct when pulling through, said he would pull a couple for me and he did. Now his are back for sale and still on their counter again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.