Ideas on a shack?

• nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

I acquired a roughly 8×12 permanent shack. The short version of the story is, a guy from here built it and used it on his private pond. It weighs about 3000lbs, and has some detachable wheels that I would consider worthy of pulling it on the ice, but not road worthy. Im deciding what to do with it? This probably borders on an advertisement, and if so, I understand if it gets deleted. But this shack is too big to realistically be used in central Iowa, so I would be open to any suggestions for ways of someone to utilize it. Id really like to send it up north with someone, and be able to use it a time or two a year in exchange for the shack. Its vinyl sided, has a heater built in, and has a shingled roof. I wouldnt say its perfect, but its been stored inside since it was built, other than the couple years it was actually on the ice.
    If anyone would have a suggestion for me, Id appreciate it. And like I said, if this is too close to an advertisement, please remove it and accept my apology.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No problems with this post. Hopefully someone can come up with some ideas for you as it would be a shame for that house to sit idle.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Nick, any chance you would want it on Lake of the Woods? I have a 10’x20′ on Mille Lacs that I built last year too. I am sure that between the two we could work something out. PM me if you might be interisted in the situation. -Mark

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Sounds like a decent little hunting shack.

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

PM on the way Mark. Thanks guys, Im afraid if someone doesnt get use of this my dad may make it into a garden shed in his back yard!
    And thanks for allowing the post, hopefully we can come up with something.

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

Deal didnt work out with mark, no problems, just too far for him to come get it. If anyone has any interest in working something out, please let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.