FL-12 Question

• Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

Just finishing up my second season on the ice with my FL-12 and up until now i have loved it. However, the last two times i have been out with it I have had issues with the display. It seems there might be a bad connection between the transducer and the unit. When i turn the unit on, all i get is the red line at the top displaying the Ice not bottom. I change depth modes and nothing shows, turn the gain up and down and nothing shows. On both trips the only way i was able to get it to work was to un-plug the transducer from the unit and plug it back in a few times…not sure what to make of it. I inspect both ends of the plug and everything looked clean and looks like it is getting good contact. I did get the extended warrenty on the unit so if i have to i could contact Vexilar, but i thought i would talk with the guys who have been in the trenches with these units for alot longer then i have before sending it in…any thoughts?

MIKGILLIE
    Owatonna,MN.

Ive had vexilars for years and the only issue I ever had was the battery level inicator,vexilars customer service is excellent,I would just call them,I had a replacement part on my front step next day.I am thinking maybe you have a cracked wire,I have never had to unplug my unit.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Is the transducer making a ticking sound? If not there is most likely a cut in the cord. My first one that went out was right at the ducer and could not fix. The second got cut by the auger, I did splice it and it worked but keep that as a back up as I bought a good one. -mark

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

Thanks guys, I will give them a call.

dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

This might not be it, but it’s the exact same description of what happened to my brothers unit. Same as yours. We found a hair line crack across the flat face of the ducer. Hardley visible. Had to look at it at just the right angle and it was there. He bought a new transducer and cable assembley and it’s mint again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.