Designing a custom built fish house

• Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Hello –

I am going to be designing a custom built fish house. The size would be 6.5 x 12 plus the 3 foot V. So it would actually be 6.5 x 15. What are some likes or dislikes for those who have designed their own or fished out of a buddy’s. I really would like the house to sleep 3 but yet not feel too cluttered. Does anyone have any good ideas, suggestions or pictures of what you have. Thanks in advance.

Chad

big_g
    Isle, MN

My question is… why the V ? Are you pulling so much that the V would save alot of gas money ??? I would square it off and gain some real space. Never understood the V ….? Am I missing something obvious ???

big G

jon_wbl

Go with the V front. Square front is like pulling a sail. Mileage really suffers.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

My question is… why the V ? Are you pulling so much that the V would save alot of gas money ??? I would square it off and gain some real space. Never understood the V ….? Am I missing something obvious ???

big G

I think the V is nice. It gives you enclosed storage for your lp tanks and other large items like an auger, generator or batteries. Enclosed away from the elements. Out of sight out of mind.

Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

That’s a good question. The owner of King Crow said the same thing. I guess what I like about the V front is you can put your cabinets, stove, TV, and everything in the front which gives your more walking room width wise. I guess I will have to design one with a V and without and see what works better? I know I can save money buy not going with a V front. I would not be towing it that much so that is not a concern for me. Thanks for your input Big G and hope some people can answer to your response.

Chad

EricB

Come and see us you have lots of options, we can lay it out on a frame , square or v front . yes the v pulls better long hauls, loose some in side space , square gives you a lot more room if you not putting a pile of miles on. Call me anytime to talk turkey !!!!! Eric

arklite881south

I was just talking to James yesterday about the Custom Cottage houses. I’m telling ya…….Better check out those custom houses. From what I’ve seen so far they are unbelievable!!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Come and see us you have lots of options, we can lay it out on a frame , square or v front . yes the v pulls better long hauls, loose some in side space , square gives you a lot more room if you not putting a pile of miles on. Call me anytime to talk turkey !!!!! Eric

Hey Eric…Welcome to IDO.. Glad to have you on board…

I don’t have a wheel house, but if I did….I would want one with slider like a summer camper more room to extend out vs length. Also like to have a sleeping system where its on a track system so you can raise when not in use almost tight to the ceiling and lower when its time to turn the lights out…Ultimately saving space for fishing. I would like to have hydraulic system or some other leveling systme other than the traditional jacks to raise and lower the fish house.. just a few thoughts I have been dreaming about.

nordern

I think you should think hard about the 6.5′ width. If you can put the wheels in wheel wells you will not be dissapointed with the 8′ width. I went from a 6.5′ wide to an 8′ wide and the difference is unbelievable.

Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Thanks for all the responses. I would like to go 8 feet wide BUT the fish house will be getting too heavy for my polaris 500 to pull. My previous house was 6.5 and I was happy with it. My biggest thing is trying to keep the weight 1800 pounds or less.

Eric – Thanks for the discussion the other day. I love the looks of your houses but I don’t know if I can afford $15,000 for a 15 footer? I was kinda of shocked when you said said $1,000 a foot finished. That was without a lot of options also. If someone you could get the price down I would love to come down and check you guys out.

Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.