Christmas Tree

• BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

Just bought a L-X5 and was playing around with it trying to get it figured out.Was catching a few gills on the bottom in 21 ft. of water.Then at about 15 ft. the flasher lit up like the lights on a christmas tree.Lifted my jig up to about 14 ft. and bang caught a nice black crappie.This happen about 3 times in the last 2 days.New toys are just great.I can see this is money well spent.Was tired of fishing lose shallow dead flat lakes in the middle of winter now off to that deap bite for me.Good luck everyone. STEVE

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Yep, flashers are an invaluable tool. Before I got my VX1 I was fishing the whole water column with hopes that a fish would see my offering. Now all I have to do is fish my presentation where the fish will see it, if I don’t get any marks I know enough to move to the next hole.

And my VS380 camera has also helped a lot to see the mood of the fish. When the gills are just mouthing my jig it is no longer a missed fish if my camera is looking at it.

Anyway more time spent with your LX5 will only make you a better fisherman. Have fun…

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

It’s hard to remember what it was like fishing without a flasher and now I don’t want to go without it. My problem is that my 13-year-old thinks he needs to use it whenever he goes off wondering. I guess I’ll have to get a new one and hand down the old one. Sounds like time for an upgrade

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.