Where were the walleyes?

• Derrick Cox
    MN, Eagan

so i hit a west metro lake and i talked to the the marina and the told he what reef to go to and what depth and bait etc. So i went out and drilled 10 holes to find the weed line and i found 2 holes one in 15fow and the other 16 fow about 10 yards apart. I put the underwater camera down both and found that the 16 fow had less weeds then the 15 fow had but both had little. So i set up in the 16 foot hole and immediately started catching perch. Saw a lot of little perch but catch some pretty nice ones. So i fished here from 3-10pm and catch 10 nice perch and no walleye. So my question is if i go back out should i set up there again or should i move shallower or deeper? do to the weather could that have slowed them down??? I had one bite but lost it at the hole. So any help or suggestions would greatly help

Thanks
    Derrick

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

During first and last light that weed edge should be good. Try deeper water(if you have it) in that 28-32ft. range and start working back in. If schools do relate to that weed edge in 16ft. keep your eyes peeled for suspended fish out deep. Another trick…….. drill, drill, drill, run your auger out of gas then work em up

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.