Custom Jigs & Spins “Diamond Jig” question

• g-no
    Minnesota

Anyone notice that the diamond jigs in the “glow red” from this year do not glow as bright as those in past years? This is my go to crappie jig, I just purchased another supply and they do not glow as bright, or as long as the old jigs do. Was there a paint change?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Make sure when you buy those from other vendors ,you are buy the actual “Diamond Jig” and “Gill Pill”.

There is another company out there that does sell a very simuliar looking jig and you are right they DONT glow as well.

When ever buying the Diamong jig and Gill Pill jig make sure they are in the 2pk case or when buying them sold as singles make sure you purchase from a reputable vendor or shop…

That is what I have learnt anyways from doing a little snooping around.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I noticed this as well!!!! I thought it was just me but your post answers that…and I bought all my jigs from Custom Spins and Jigs direct. BUMMER!!

Ted

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I rarely charge any lure up to take advantage of the glow capabilities so I can’t comment on a change in paints.

fishbizbob

We haven’t changed anything as far as paint on the Red Glow Diamond Jigs. If you could do me a favor and send the ones in question back to us so I can look into I’d appreciate it. I’ll be happy to send out some replacements, but more importantly if there is a problem I want to get it corrected. I just went back and checked current inventory and it all glows extremely bright Red,so maybe it was a fluke, as this is the first I’ve heard of it.But I certainly want to make sure you get what you want and we stand behind our products 100%.

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

Now that is some customer service.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

No doubt. This is why I am a Custom Jigs customer. That and all of their stuff catches fish. Plain and simple. My two best walleyes came on ringworms and precision jigs. My best crappies fell to slender spoons, best perch to their ice jigs. One stop shop and a discount for larger orders. I am in no way connected to this outfit other than a satisfied customer.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

We haven’t changed anything as far as paint on the Red Glow Diamond Jigs. If you could do me a favor and send the ones in question back to us so I can look into I’d appreciate it. I’ll be happy to send out some replacements, but more importantly if there is a problem I want to get it corrected. I just went back and checked current inventory and it all glows extremely bright Red,so maybe it was a fluke, as this is the first I’ve heard of it.But I certainly want to make sure you get what you want and we stand behind our products 100%.

Another example of excellent customer service. It’s stuff like this that keeps me using one product over another. I’m a long time user CJ and S and with customer serice like this, along with the quality product that they make will be for a long time. I just want to say THANK YOU for the great service and product that you provide!!!!!!

g-no
    Minnesota

The diamond jigs were purchased direct from Custom Jigs & Spins…

g-no
    Minnesota

Bob,

Thanks for the reply! I will send back a couple samples of what I’m talking about…I have some old ones left and you can compare the two so you know what I’m talking about.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Unfortunately, I noticed the same thing. The color of the paint became brighter and did not glow as well. I noticed the change about a year ago. Sweet jig to fish with though.

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

Bob’s the man!!!

crappie66
    Iowa City, IA

Interesting thread.
    I took my Office Depot 9 LED flash light to the local Sporting Goods store and “charged” a number of packages of Gill Pills and Diamond Jigs and found about half to be bright red and half to be not so bright.
    They were checked from inside a Frabill Ice hut.
    Not complaining just offering this info as a way to be sure you’re getting the brighter red.
    BTW I also charged 4 packages of each(sizes 10 & 12) to my Cabela’s card.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    John

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.