solo auger problems

• Derrick Cox
    MN, Eagan

I bought the new pro lazer two weekends ago and i am having trouble with the cord like the previous problems. I watched the youtube video on how to fix it by squirting wd-40 into the spring so i did that but now i tryed to start it and it wont recoil at all. I am very upset because i have used it twice and now i have a problem with. I bought it new to try to avoid problem now the 500 dollar investment is biting in the . What should i do?

Derrick

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

I would just call strikemaster and i garentee that they will stan by there auger. Anything new you have to count on a few problems with it but I bet they will fix here up asap.
    StrikeMaster® Ice Augers
    17217 198th Avenue • Big Lake, MN 55309
    Phone: 763.263.8999 • Fax: 763.263.8986

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

The textbook thing to do is to call Strikemaster to set up a fix it plan.

If you can change oil in your car you’ve got this though. Theres one screw that holds it together on the underside of the recoil. In your case, either the rope is wedged or the torsion spring became misplaced.

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

That is why you have the engenerring degree and i am just a salesman Matt.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

That is why you have the engenerring degree and i am just a salesman Matt.

Tell that to the unemployment office

Derrick Cox
    MN, Eagan

ok so i took the thing apart and the spring that attaches to the white plastic thing had broken the plastic part that is suppost to connect to. How late is strikemaster open till. supposed to go fishing friday know i may not be

Derrick

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Correction: 8:00am-4:30pm

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Ok I had the same problem with my lazer mag express. Now how do I get the spring back in? Thanks I need to get this thing back together.

eyestroker

Not sure if this will help but I hope it does…

http://strikemaster.com/pdf/solo_manual.pdf

Other than that i can attest to SM customer service… I bought a lazer last year about this time and the rubber cord that holds the cover on broke 2nd or third day out. so I e-mailed them on friday night and called monday morning. Well lo and behold I had 2 separate deliveries of new bands at my house one on tuesdayand one on wednesday…. they were too good in my opinion. Did i mention they were both sent by private courier service…. unreal

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

Same thing with me on the recoil. I called Strikemaster on Monday (1/4) and service dept told me that a shipment of recoil heads were coming in Wednesday (1/6) and I would have it by Frdaiy (1/8) and I DID. Ran it this weekend. They even wanted me to send the old one in and have it repaired (free) so I could have a back up. Saaaweeeet service if you ask me.

ajs
    Mellen,WI

I see a redesign on the recoils coming in the near future hopefully with some heavier materials. The plastic just doesnt hold up in the cold.

Ajs

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I’ll have a new spring for mine by wed. Called Strikemaster this morn and they even told me how to put the new one in correctly.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Same problem for me. I put wd-40 on it as was suggested by all of the posts as soon as I got the auger. This morning on the third pull it got stuck all the way out. Needless to say that was the end of todays fishing trip. Good thing I was close to home and have it apart already. Must of broke the piece that holds the spring in place.

I hope they send me a new one and fix the old one, it would be great to have a spare just in case.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Just got off the phone with Mike from Strikemaster and he is sending me out a new recoil assembly. He also suggested that I return the old one and they will repair it and send it back to me so that I have a spare!

That is great customer service, this and a auger that cuts the ice like butter is the reason I’m a Strikemaster owner!

Thanks Mike!!!!

seeds
    Bluff Country

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

A big Thank You to Strikemaster, called on Monday morning and talked to Mike. I get home last evening from work and there is my replacement recoil sitting on the kitchen table! Now that is fast!!!! The old one is going back today to be repair and sent back to me as a spare just in case!!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.