Trouble with fish trap PRO collapsing….

• Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Hi all. Bought a new pro and am killing my fingers when it comes time to collapse the tent… Any suggestions from people on popping the button to release the tubing? Punch, stick, I don’t know but I gotta figure something out…

Ted

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

If the buttons are binding, try hitting the release buttons with some spray lube. Another thing to try would be to lift up on piping just a little bit and then push the button in. I have a one-man pro and I’ve found that those 2 options work.

wilson1984

Quote:

Another thing to try would be to lift up on piping just a little bit and then push the button in.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The spring on the button does get easier to push over time. You could remove the button spring and attempt to compress it some so that it pushes easier. Another thing that may help is to open up the hole that the button pops into. It may be to small or have some burr’s on it. I’ve has several fish traps over the years and have not had to much of a problem with them. I’m sure others here may also have some ideas to help you. Good luck!!!

Big Lund 20
    Cedar Rapids, IA

All of the new clam fish trap series feature the answer to your problem. There are little clips that you attach to your poles and assist in collapsing. You’ll have to check out online where to get them as last I heard Clam is out of stock.

Go to Clams site and look under Resources<Parts

I know several guys who have these and love them.

Lots of talk about these on several forums as well.

crappie66
    Iowa City, IA

Bone Mover,
    I had the same problem with my Pro and called Clam to see what could be done.
    They sent a new set of buttoms to me that are much easier to work.
    Have also seen the new clip dealies that can be used to push on the buttons but have no need for them now.
    John

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Thanks for all the tips!! I figured it could be due to it being new. The springs are just so tough to push in… …maybe I should be hitting the gym more… I will try out options and get back to you on the results. Thanks.

Ted

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

SELL IT AND BUY A NEW ONE. THEY HAVE LITTLE LEVELS ON THE NEW ONES I SEEN TODAY THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS HOLD THE LEVEL TO THE POLE AND IT RELEASES. KIND OF A NICE OPTION.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

You could send it to me and I’ll break it in for you

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.