Report from Trap Attack at Antioch

• tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

I was an observer at the Trap Attack at Antioch over the weekend and was able to do a little fishing before the event.
    here is the pattern, which will continue all winter: Bluegills and crappies are active at both north and south end of Channel lake in the Fox Chain-o-Lakes in northeastern Illinois with best access out from the Thirsty Turtle tavern or Mentones.
    Fish really like orange here, with dark green a good second choice, for bigger ‘gills use plastics like the Techni-glow tail
    The tourney was gills only,with everybody fishing maybe four feet of water in the weedbeds. Crappies and perch kept jumping on hooks. Betcha a #2 black Rembrandt would have kicked some crappie butt–but can’t say for sure as I didn’t have any along to try ’em. Next Trap Attack is at Redstone near Reedsburg, Wi. in two weeks. Tourney is full at this time. If you haven’t heard of the Ice Team and their Trap Attack events, please know that these guys are cutting edge when it comes to the hardwater. You can access their website FREE at http://www.iceteam.com.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Thanks Ted,I will fishing the Okoboji TA for the 2nd year in a row at the end of Feb.It was already full 3 weeks ago.Some very tough teams on the ice at these events.We will be fishing for clear water gills on Okoboji.
    Ryan Hale

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Do most teams have wheelers or sleds for these events?

Jason

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Is anyone planning on doing a Trap Attack this year?

Jason

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Good Luck Ryan…

I will be looking for the results on that one !!!

I wana see your name up on the top !!

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Dave,that was almost 2 years ago!!!
    Ryan Hale

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.