lake of the woods

• rofole
    River Falls, WI

im looking to rent a sleeper shack on lake of the woods. dose any one know a good outfitter to go to and what is a good time of year to go.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I cant help you out but I wanted to welcome you to IDO .

There are plenty of people familiar with that area that will chime in here and give you some great info.

Again Welcome to IDO

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome to Ido!

Wigwam Resort on Wheelers Point has a special for a few days. Details can be found in the Sponsors Promotional Forum.

They also have a fishing report in the Reports Forum.

Now is a good time if you can get there that quick.

whittsend

Wigwam is a great place to stay.. Sportsmans as well.. Most all are. They should do a good job and work hard for you… We have stayed at the Wigwam the last 3 or 4 years – nice cabins, a great bar, usually live music on the weekends. Always a good time.

We’ve been told that a lot of times the bite if more of a day bite out there (although we have never tried the sleepers, so I have no first hand experience…) — sleepers maybe aren’t as necessary (vs sleeping in a cabin on shore)…

igotone

Welcome to IDO
    enjoy the info that U receive

seeds
    Bluff Country

Wigwam or Wheelers is sweet… Good area to fish outta there too!

whittsend

Oh ya – If you aren’t set on doing a sleeper and want possibly a little more consistant fishing, ask the guys at the Wigwam about the “Reef Run”. You’ll usually catch more out on the reef, although it takes about an hour to get out and an hour back (depending on how many miller high life “pee breaks” you have to make. ) Some monster perch out there as well. I know they do it later in Feb and March, but I’m not sure exactly how early they start fishing the reef.

Mike

wallclimber
    Stoddard WI

zippelbay resort has nice sleepers good mid week specials, i worked there for a couple a years nick and deanna are great folks very nice place, i always did well fishing there Gold is the color of choice.

fireline
    Rochester

My friends stay with Sweet Sleepers ,they like it .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.