Footwear??

• little-t
    Plymouth WI

OK guys, I need some suggestions. I am getting back into ice fishing this year after about 10-12 yrs, and need to buy boots. What do you suggest for warmth, comfort, etc. Price is not a big issue. TX

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Cabelas pack boot

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Try on a pair of Danners,They are made for the long days and very warm

big_g
    Isle, MN

LaCrosse Ice Kings With money not an object though, I would get some Mukluks… More specifically Camuks Have fun shopping

big G

flatlandfowler

Hands down best boot is the ‘bunny boot.’ This is the common terminology around my parts for the boot that is worn by paratroops for many years… Their look is unique in the fact that they look like a fat rubber, short calved, hunting boot. These boots are easily discerned from by many due to their solid one mold exterior shape and the small brass cylindrycal piece near the ankle bone. From my knowledge (not being a paratrooper, but college student trying to find my size for years) these boots are formed to create a bubble between two conjoined membranes, in-which the theory of air as an insulator proves its worth. I wore my old man’s pair for years through high-school and refuse to buy any thing else for ice fishing. Their thick rubber construction is hard to penetrate, water does not absorb so you do not have ice built up, no ice build up leads to less cold being directly subjected near your feet, and the formed inflatable and deflatable air pocket allows for adjustments for any condition or altitude.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Cabelas pack boot

I second these!

nrid18
    Chicago, IL

I second the “bunny boot” or mickey mouse boot. You can find them online at an army surplus store. I have had mine for around 10 years and would not leave home without them. One pair of regular white socks and your feet won’t get cold. Last year, I stood in 6″ of water on top of the ice for around 6 hours, never got cold once. The best boot ever and super durable! You can get them for around $65 new. Good luck!

Nate

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

I second the “bunny boot” or mickey mouse boot. You can find them online at an army surplus store. I have had mine for around 10 years and would not leave home without them. One pair of regular white socks and your feet won’t get cold. Last year, I stood in 6″ of water on top of the ice for around 6 hours, never got cold once. The best boot ever and super durable! You can get them for around $65 new. Good luck!

Nate

X2
    Just remember to get 1 size smaller……I wear a 10 but my boots are 9

ZEROdegrees

I HAVE THE ANSWER TO YOUR COLD FEET PROBLEMS GO TO GANDER MOUNTAIN AND GET YOURSELF A PAIR OF BAFFIN BOOTS.THE BEST AND WARMEST BOOT ON THE MARKET.I KNOW I OWN A PAIR VERY WARM.COST IS $139.99

Fishin Guru

Quote:

Quote:

Cabelas pack boot

I second these!

I third these if your talking about the Cabelas Saskatchewan Pac boot, best boots hands down, the bunny boot doesn’t even compare!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Last year I bought a pair of Cabelas Inferno boots. 2000 grams. A very tiny bit bulky, by I’ve yet to wear anything heavier than an ankle sock in them. Awesome boot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.