Whats the best portable tub

• bigpike

Looking for something wide so it rides over snow better, nothing huge so I can treak back a mile and not be beat down with a minimal amount of gear- by minimal I would mean power auger, locater, fold up shack, minnow bucket, 12er’ and my rod bag and tip up bag. Not sure that is minimal for most guys but it is for me Any suggestions?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

OTTER is the best, followed by Fish trap’s X series-my opinion.
    you mentioned fold up house, get new house, tub style. If you are buying the slead why not add the canvas too. it would be tough to play the balancing act of strapping the house on top of the slead. just pile it all in the new house tub. $200-$300. craigslist is a good spot. check new pricing at cabelas and gander, got there and see what you like so you know what you are looking for. 2-yrs ago got a mint otter cabbin for 250 then last year found a mint lodge for 300. sold by cabbin to a buddy and upgraded. Deals are there just wait for it.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I think Otter sleds would be perfect for what your looking to haul…..Check out the site.. Otter Sleds

bigpike

I have a two man flip over Frabil so I am not in the market for that, just the tub for first ice walk ins…..

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

for just a tub, get an otter, they are the way to go. bulletproof.

baldwin4
    NE IA

I saw a otter sled with hitch on Minneapolis craigslist for $50.00

DSchuh
    Golden, CO

If you’re looking for just a tub to pull gear Otter has a great lineup. Many different sizes and depths to choose from. Easier to find in stores also. I bought a “wild” series tub last year to pull when I didn’t want to lug out the Fish Trap X2. Fits the Auger and gear very well. The wild series is a little more shallow and lighter weight plastic. Great for warm days and long walks….

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Otter all the way. The tubs are the toughest around hands down.

I would also add the hyfax kit to keep the bottom of the tub like new for a long long time. Money very well spent.

bigpike

Thank You guys for the info

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

I have a Medium Otter sled and I would reconmend it to anyone. Deep sides and built very durable. I have a hitch and cover for mine so when I pull it behind my atv the sled doesn’t fill up with snow. I also got some thick plastic from work and made my own Hyfax runners for the bottom. The sled likes to track straighter now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.