February Fishing derby on LOTW

• bam_bam
    Badger, MN- not too far from the big pond!

I thought I’d mention to you guys that there’s a fishing derby coming up on Feb. 21 on Lake of the woods….and it’s a big one!!
    The prizes for the largest fish as follows: Largest walleye:$1,000, 2nd place: $750, 3rd place:$500, 4th place: $250; For largest Northern and perch are $500, 2nd $250, 3rd $125, and 4th $100. Prize for the largest burbot(eelpout) is $200.
    Now, thats not including the $100 dollar drawings every 15 minutes, or any of the raffle prizes..I’ll list the top 6 of 12:
    1st: 2004 arctic cat MRP 500 with a papid shack icefish package
    2nd: 2004 arctic cat Z-340
    3rd: 2004 Polaris 340 edge
    4th: 2004 polaris sportsman 90 youth sized atv
    5th: 52″ big screen t.v.
    6th: fishermans package

the other prizes include a rifle, shotgun, auger, portable fish house, an I-finder, rod and reel combo.

This is put on by the Warroad chamber of commerce and Springsteel resort, and I’ve been to this derby many times, and it’s a good time to be had, with a chance to win some great prizes!!

The derby is usually in between Warroad and Springsteel Island. Hope to see some of you guys there

Marcus

bam_bam

the cost of entry is $20, and you have to buy your bait from them. the same 20 bucks also enters you into all the raffles

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Oh, now we’re talking. I might have to hit that one.

Mark

bam_bam

my bad….the first prize in the raffle is a arctic cat mrp(500 4×4 atv) with a RAPID shack ice fish package(not a papid shack)-I saw the first place prize personally…at strieff sporting goods near warroad today, and it’s a nice wheeler outfitted with a multi purpose rack system, and on it there is a 5 gallon bucket holder, an auger carrier, and a carrier for the rapid shack, along with the 12 volt accesory outlet…nice package

bam_bam

just thought I’d bump this up….it’s a good time if you happen to be without something to do that day!!!

bam_bam

I thought I’d mention that there’s lots to do around warroad on the same weekend…..
    If you came up on Friday, Feb 20th….you could venture to Roseau, mn, and partake in the annual ‘Frostbite Daze’ festivities, which are running all weekend long. They include oval track snowmobile racing, an attempt on the largest international snowmobile ride, beer gardens, snowmobile drag races, beer gardens, the kickoff of Polaris industries 50th anniversary celebration, and…did I mention beer gardens? Also, there’s another little ice fishing tourney…on Hayes lake, with smaller prize pool, but its for a good cause. It’s put on by the Wannaska Lions club, and they usually donate a majority of the proceeds to a worthy cause.
    Hope this persuades a few people to venture up north…seems some folks believe that the power company doesn’t provide service north of St. Cloud.

bam_bam

just bumping it up…..next weekend it the weekend to come up north!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.