FAVORITE ICE LURE TO CATCH THOSE MISS. CRAPPIE

• rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

I’m wondering what you guys all use to catch crappies thru the ice on the river. I guess my name gives me away , but i’d have to say a #6 or #8 pink rembrants has done the trick for me for years. Kinda old fashion but i catch fish with them, so i’ve stay with them. Good luck on the ice season!

wing_nutt3

Just a real small tear drop smaller the better, or I also like the genz worm or grub or whatever it is called.

tim

hof
    Rochester, MN

I have been doing well with Ratso’s and Rat Finke’s the past couple years, but still use purist’s and rembrant’s. Not sure if they are sold any more, but a lure called a purple twerple can be good as well. Some times the good old tear drop with a waxie can’t be beat.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Mike, I know I probably shouldn’t be asking you this as I always seem to be emptying out my billfold at Hooked On Fishing, but what are you carrying this year for ice fishing lures? Do you have the Ratsos, Rat Finkes, Purist, and Rembrants? Oh well , I guess if I’m going to spend my money I might as well spend it where the products and service is good and I know you love to ice fish so the products are ones that catch fish so how much is this going to cost me? lol. Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Guys, This is your chance to get some great ice fishing stuff at ”sale” prices. Thanks, Bill

HOF Sale

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hey Bill,

We have all the lures mentioned above (except the purple twerple) and a bunch more! We carry most of the lures in bulk so you can buy as many or as few as you want. I am always happy to tell the folks which lures have been working for me and how to fish them. We also have a great selection of custom made ice rods, manufactured ice rods, and great quality reels. We probably have well over 20,000 ice jigs in stock.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Rembrant, I would have to agree with you that it’s hard to beat a pink rembrandt but I like to use size 4 and sometimes even size 2. My other favorite lure is something called a Little Mic or commonly called a little Cecil. It looks like a miniature version of the Swedish Pimple.

Also, I’ve heard that by the end of the season size 2 and size 4 Rembrandts may be hard to come by, at least in the Joanie brand.

BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

A little white rabbit hair fly. Next would have to be a red rocker with a waxy.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Mike the twerples are not made any more. Dave Kajolas[SP]who made them with his son quit when his son died.I asked him to sell me the rights but he didn’t want anyone making them. You can get a close copy with a bent hook dot and a piece of inch worm for the plastic.

rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

Hey bass bill any ice think enough to fish around prairie?

herb
    6ft under

I thick he means bass bull.

kmd
    Rockford Illinois

Last two years we have kiiled the crappies on black ratsos!Green and white genz worms have also worked well.L.I.

rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

YES herb i meant BULL;and also meant thick in stead of think . Dang i hope i fish better than i type

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Yesterday there were 3 guys on the north end of Cold Springs and 2 guys on the south end of Spring Lake

rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

thanks dave and keep us informed.Pool 9-10 are my stompin grounds. Have a safe winter!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Spent a little time experminting with summer time crappie plastics threw the ice with some decent results. I also had a trip where my waxies got stepped on and still caught crappies on small tear drops with no bait. Using my camara I could watch the crappies come up to the tear drop and they would almost always taste it. It was only a split second and with out the camera I dont think I would of caught a one. Out fished the guys next to me that had bait and a vexlar.

teamvexilar
    Richland Center, Wisconsin

I use pink, black, and yellow rembrandts often without anything on it but scent and I have done a number to the slabs down the the big river.

BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

Hi REMBRANT….Not much ice yet around here.I won’t recommend it to anyone yet.Give it time sounds like this weekend will be the time to get on your favorite spots.Be safe!!! Yes there was a few guys up on cold springs but not worth it yet to me!! Steve

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I used to find “ants”. They were 1/64 oz jig, with a few strands of hair. I can’t find them anymore. All I find now is with rubber hair. The original ant hair would only last one outing. They were not very durable, but I did real well on them.

Anyone know of what I’m talking about or where I could find some???

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.