15.3 lb walleye

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

World record walleye weighed in at 18.30 pounds the previous record was 18.06 pounds. Here is the story with a picture of the certificate.

Again, that is not the world record walleye! That is the world record walleye through the ice. Its not even the Canadian provincial record! There are bigger open water eyes coming out of Tobin. Too many record keeping agencies out there.

-J.

NickJohnson

i do believe it is a state record caught on sat before noon while jigging with your right hand thou

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It’s only official if you didn’t spill your beer when setting the hook!!

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

Quote:

World record walleye weighed in at 18.30 pounds the previous record was 18.06 pounds. Here is the story with a picture of the certificate.

Again, that is not the world record walleye! That is the world record walleye through the ice. Its not even the Canadian provincial record! There are bigger open water eyes coming out of Tobin. Too many record keeping agencies out there.

-J.

Jon who keeps track of the world records? I know that the world record for walleye was 25 pounds ( unknown lake in Tennesee )but I think it was disallowed. Now when you look it up and it is ( 22 pounds 11 ounces or something like that) caught in Greers Ferry Lake, Arkansas.

Here is what I am talking about. By your reasoning if I understand you correctly the IGFA would not be valid because they record records by line class.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

By your reasoning if I understand you correctly the IGFA would not be valid because they record records by line class.

IFGA records are IFGA records. They have line class and all tackle records. I’m just saying when you refer to a record, make sure to refer to it correctly.

-J.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Quote:

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

What if you only spill a little beer, like barely a drop? With your right hand of course, and gloveless…

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Quote:

lmao

Kooty…I want to party with you someday…lol

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Kooty…I want to party with you someday…lol

Be careful what you wish for!

arklite881south

Alright boys!! Lets see pics!! Surely if their was no camera present on the ice there must be pics if the fish was kept. Lets see the beast!! Please don’t tell me that it T-boned a 8lb walleye and both were landed through the ice!! Heck I’m taking pics of puny 7-9lb fish!! I’d do a documentary on a 15lb super freak!! You’d see me with Barbara walters telling my life story… PICS PICS PICS PICS!!

layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

Right on Chris…. Those fish that you were catching and taking video of last month were huge fish. Let’s see the pics already…..! A 15lb. eye is definetely a HOG.

Layne Monroe

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

My goodness JJ, are you going to tell us now that there isn’t an Easter Bunny?

blue_perch
    Sparta WI

My god Mr. Jordan the guy made a mistake. I don’t know about anyone else, but if I had my name in any record book it would be cool. I’ll even take the carp category .

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Look, sorry guys if I put anyone off. That was not my intention. If you know me, you know things are very clear in my little black and white world. There is right and wrong – not a lot in between. If its real, I want proof. If not, I don’t have any problems pointing that out.

My advice for anyone chasing a record. Know what the record is and more importantly in today’s world know how to correctly apply for the consideration. Meaning read the rules carefully. (There are a lot of them!) If the rules say the fish must be brought directly to the DNR office, that does not mean spending a night in your freezer for instance.

I’ll repeat what I said in my first post. Nice fish, I’d like to see the picture!

-J.

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

The guy apparently caught a very very very very nice fish through the ice and several others this winter… I have caught very large walleye in tourney practice on Green Bay and Lake Erie, but I have never ever caught a walleye over 10lbs through the ice. I am pumped for your buddy… . All I have to say is

big_g
    Isle, MN

Can somebody get the guy a real camera ???? From the post, he had to keep the fish, so somebody get him a digital so we can see pics… It wouldn’t take me 5 days to show off my catch, thats for sure….

big G

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Makes you wonder if it exists at all..
    Perhaps JJ scared him away?

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

I’m beginning to believe it was only 15 & quarter – hardly picture worthy.

NickJohnson

looks like ill have to beat the pics outa him on fri when i get there will get em up on here asap sorry shoulda waited to post untill i had em but on the bright side ill put em up with pics of the one im gonna get sounds like 15 lbers are a dime a dozen in door county i probably wont even take a pole one will jump right outa the hole to me

kooty
    Keymaster

Don’t mess with those little fish, go right for an 18!! Good luck!

big_g
    Isle, MN

You 2 ????

big G

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Not to be rude, but where the heck are the pics??

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

Kind of what I was thinking. Let’s see this fish!

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Starting to wonder

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

Lets see that pic! Take a polaroid and scan it or buy a digital. Lets see this thing.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

heck, just hold your hands out to just about the length of the fish, that should take care of the doubters!

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m telling you, you can never trust a Packer fan.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.