Fiskas Wolfram Jigs

• chrispy003
    Superior, Wisconsin

Anyone else been using or tried the wolfram jigs from fiskas. They’re made out of tungsten and I’ve had pretty good luck with them so far this year. Just curious to see what other people think of them.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

thanks for reminding me!! I haven’t taken them out of the tackle box yet this winter… did really well last year on one that is kind of round, red, with two hooks…. tip each with a waxie

shaley
    Milford IA

Seems theres always 1 tied one one of our rods. I like the 3 or 4 MM ones, gold with a green or red bead.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

That is the jig I use 90% of the time. I have just about every color in the 4mm size. The hand painted are the ones I use the most. They have super sharp hooks and work awesome with plastics. I really like to use the micro nuggie tails with them. The gold and epoxy jigs are a staple in my arsenal also. I like to use the gold in clearer water or sunny days. Another plus is the fact they are tungsten and super heavy. They sink faster and are great for deeper water. You can get away with using a smaller jig if the fish area bit finicky. This where a 3mm jig comes in handy. One key factor in using these jigs is the knot. Dont tie the jigs directly to your line to eliminate the jig from spinning when being fished. I use a double surgeons knot, super strong and easy to tie. They have a diagram right on the package. I have been using the fiskas for about 5 years now and couldn,t be happier. The only bad thing is the cost, about $2.50 a crack. I think its well worth it in my book. good luck, Dan

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

I have used a few of the Fiskas jigs and they work pretty well. I was just at Gander MTN the other day and most other manufacturers jigs were gone, but not the Fiskas brand. I think the price turns a lot of people off to using them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.