Iowa Ice fishing

• hawkeye27

Heading home to Iowa this weekend, want to know how Ice is on farm ponds in the tama county and poweshiek conty areas are!! Has anyone heard if they are catching any fish on 12 mile or 3 mile lake. Thanks Josh

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

Always use caution, obviously, but the ice is pretty good statewide. Driving on many lakes, and atvs are good to go everywhere Ive heard of. I am quite a ways from 3 or 12, so I havent heard much on them.

jripperger83
    Knoxville, IA

Havent heard anything about 3 or 12 mile, but I’ve found ice to be anywhere from 10-14 inches on farm ponds. Good luck

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Plenty of ice in Tama Co, as said. Been hit and miss, have fun.

dbrode
    Mingo, IA

Welcome Josh. Did hear some good things about some farm pond fishing in Poweishiek County. Decent gills.
    3 and 12 mile lakes are a long ways from there, down in Union County near Creston, IA. Have not heard any reports from that neck of the woods.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

It’s a tundra here in Iowa- everything is frozen quite solidly!! Get out and catch some fish!

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

did you ever get out on 3 or 12? I’d like to read a report or two from those lakes. I bet 12 is fun this year with a ton of eater walleyes in there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.