Unique Ice House Solutions

• stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Saw this on CraigsList, any body know what it is and where to get one?

Batman09
    Michigan

water tank-fertilizer tank. Check at the local Co-Op or a farm store.

neat idea. I could see painting one back or camo for a weatherproof deer blind.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I saw this on craigslist as well. I thought the guy said it was homemade, which it looks like. It seems like the round design would make it difficult to fish more than one or two guys out of.

jerry b
    western WI

Looks to me like a tank that the farmers use to haul liquid fertilizer to their fields. You might check with Fleet Farm, Tractor Supply, etc. jerr

Wyatt

New ones would be pretty expensive. Advertise for one that no longer holds water and you’ll probably get it for hauling it away.

AverageSportsman
    SE MN

I looked at it, the echo inside is really bad. I would shy away from that if it was me.

gdandm
    Elk River, Mn

I’ve got one sitting on my flat bed right now. It had embalming fluid in it that reeked. They’re actually for stationary use. Maybe if you could insulate it somehow it would cut out the echo. You ever put a 5 gallon bucket up to your sunflower heater. Think of being inside it.

josh_hanson
    S.E. Minnesota

I just drove past the one posted for sale on craigslist, I would save my money and buy an actual shelter designed for ice fishing.

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Thanks for the info

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors Dave W!!!

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

yes welcome to the site!!!

i think this is the first time ive seen anyone use their first post to help another member!! i think thats awesome.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.