Auger Info

• Rich4Walleyes

I just want to let everyone know that this year will be the last year that Tecumseh will be making motors for ice augers. As of Dec 31, 2008 they will no longer be providing engines for this line. They will continue to provide motors for other things like lawn mowers however. Most manufacturers have their engines for this years products but coming soon, the engine that we have relied on for many years will not be there. At one point this was a multi million dollar business and was a huge surprise to many when they heard the news.

I know that Jiffy has come out with a new motor this year also. This will be on the Model 76 which is their entry level auger. This motor will be a little more powerful than the 2 hp motor. They have been working on and testing this motor for over 3 years now. They are also working on a motor that will be used on their Stealth and Pro Models.

I just wanted to let everyone know what is coming down the line. I believe parts will still be available for now.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.