Strikemaster Electric Auger

• Wadsworth

Has anyone used the Strikemaster Electric Power auger? It sounds pretty appealing, this years model also comes with a rechargeable battery pack, or you can hook it up to your truck, 4 wheeler, or snowmobile battery. I can’t stand power augers with those stinky little 2-stroke motors, and they always seem to leak gas. The electric is about the same weight, and about the same price. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you can check them out at http://www.strikemaster.com

thanks, John

By the way, I just read my post, and realized how much it looks like an advertisement. It’s not.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

If I had a 4-wheeler, that’d be the way to go. The older ones were quite a bit lighter and a ton cheaper than the gas augers. If the ice was too thin to drive a 4-wheeler, then it’s thin enough to go through with the hand auger.

Unfortunately, no 4-wheeler for Gianni.

superdave
    NE IA

I havent used one, but I’ve seen one used quite a few times. They are pretty nice, but all the weight savings is negated by the fact that you have to drag along a battery to. They also aren’t near as quick as a gas auger. Other then that, there pretty nice, sure beats hand drilling, and you dont have to worry about them not starting, as long as your battery has juice.
    Dave

IceJohn

I have one its an older model works super.Battery I hall it in a pail in my one man.Had a gas one but leaked gas sometimes. I think you will like it. Electric is great if you have health problems like I do.Cant pull the rope anymore. Think ice!!! ICE JOHN FISH ON

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

For the right time of the year, they are the ticket. Don’t take one to Red Lake in Feb though and expect to drill too many holes. 36″ of ice is tough on a battery and man are they slow.

david

I have had 2 of the older electrics from Strike Master. I rigged them each up with 2 12Volt gell cell batteries wired in parallel (more amps that way) strapped onto the handle bars. Bottom line is I had mixed results: No gas on me or my gear, but the units were as heavy as a power auger and could not drill as fast or as many holes as my 2hp gas auger. They were an experiment for me that didn’t prove to be worth all the effort. I’m on the gas now and lovin’ it!
    DavidA

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

Nothing beats the smell of that 3 hp jiffy in the morning. Gets that blood pumping just thinking of hitting that hard water.

herb
    6ft under

Cough cough hack , yeah, I know what ya mean

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.