Ice house rental on Mille Lacs

• show148802

I fished mille lacs for the first time this summer, and had a great time. I have been thinking about renting an ice house for about 4 days this winter and was wondering if anyone knew where to go for the best prices/service. I was thinking of going Monday through Thurs as I heard it’s a lot cheaper and easier than trying to go for the weekend. Anybody know of some other things to think about when deciding? I noticed at one rental place that if you go before Christmas Eve, it’s $20 cheaper a day. I guess I don’t know if that’s a season thing or if that was just that one place.
    Thanks a lot for your help!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Well, definetly give Hunter Point a shot! Click on the banner top of this page or on the Mille Lacs forum. http://www.hunterspointresort.com/

The reason for the pre-Christmas discount is most resorts will just be getting the houses set. The ice will just be getting to the point where you can drive out. If you do book the early ice, be prepared to change dates if needed. Safety come first!

-J.

fishing vet
    Blaine, MN

I second Hunters Point, they have great rentals and put you on some great fishing.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Be sure to look at the weekday rates. I see you are looking at a Mon-Thurs. Hunters offers 1/2 price for weekday.

weekday rates

jp_mason
    Onalaska, WI

Flip,
    I fished Mille Lacs for the first time last year. Once for the IDA get together and received some of the best service I have had in the past years. George from Hunters Resort does a GREAT job serving his customers After the first trip, I change our annual fishing trip and returned to Hunter in Feb. Yet again, had a great time and the service was as good if not better that the first time. If this is your first Winter Trip to Mille Lacs, I would suggest working with George at Hunter Resort. You will NOT be sorry.

JP

das_bass
    Mound, MN

Quote:

Well, definetly give Hunter Point a shot! Click on the banner top of this page or on the Mille Lacs forum. http://www.hunterspointresort.com/

The reason for the pre-Christmas discount is most resorts will just be getting the houses set. The ice will just be getting to the point where you can drive out. If you do book the early ice, be prepared to change dates if needed. Safety come first!

Where do you find this pre-Christmas discount? I was only able to see specials that start Jan 2.

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

Ive tried emailing them at Hunters twice with no response? Ill give them a call next week as well, Im thinking the same thing about weekday fishing.

bigpike

Hunters was top notch for us, the key is being mobile, ATV or sled is a tool worth its wieght in gold on this lake!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.