Underwater recorders

• anderson_dc
    Pleasant Hill, IA

I know that aqua vu has the DVR that allows the scouts and ZT units to record underwater footage, but what does marcum have to record their footage? Can an aqua vu dvr work or is there another product you guys use? Also, how much footage can you fit on a 1 GB SD card? Thanks in advance!

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Aqua Vu doesn’t work with the Marcum. Easiest way to record with a Marcum is through a video camera. There were rumors that Marcum would compete with Aqua Vu this fall / winter with a recorder.

Derek Hanson

I’ve heard that the under water cameras scare fish, especially in clear water, which is where the camera would work best as far as seeing. I heard Al Linder tryed to make a video with underwater action on Mille Lacs and couldn’t really do it because the fish would leave as soon as he put the camera down. After he took the camera out, the fishing got better.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I don’t think that anyone that fishes on Mille Lacs would argue that cameras scare walleyes into not biting…they don’t aways go away…they just are too jittery to bite.

This was the reason that the LaDredge boys invented RealWeeds for. It worked so well on camera cables, they came up with structure on a string (SOS) and new this year Weed Line. Check out http://www.realweeds.com for the video proof.

Perch, gills, crappies and northerns aren’t shy about cameras and they love Real Weeds. They have become one of my standard tools of ice fishing.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Thanks for that reminder. I need to pick up some S.O.S. for the season.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Not to plug Everts….

But I know Dean has a couple boxes on the show room floor.

Derek Hanson

Wow, checked out the site and those cameras look really cool. Thanks for the site.

Chad

Yes there are times where a camera will scare a few fish, but if you’ve never dropped one down, you better try one. This year I put a new Mav on and use it all the time. Those spots that you always catch fish – can be confirmed why by just viewing for a few minutes. Those arches down there that you are certain to be walleyes and have fished and complained that they aren’t biting after hovering over them for a 1/2 hour…..end up being suckers….great tool, just cuts in on the fishing – a little additive, but should make a good fishermen better.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Good point C-had!

I found some nice size gills on the St Croix 2 years ago…I was dragging live bait and had the camera down at the same time…that’s a handfull. Well, while I was watching the screen, I “ran into” a flock of gills….set a waypoint on the gps and started jiggin…half hour later I had 9 nice size gills for dinner.

These are great tools…but not just for ice fishing!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.