Metro Lakes & Slush

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I was out snowmobiling this past weekend around some Northern Metro Lakes. I did not make it to Danbury like I hoped Anyways I noticed a ton of some awfully deep slushy spots on the lakes and even some open water on lakes with some current. Just remember with the warming trends, lakes can get “iffy” awfully fast.

Stay Safe

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Nothing like a little water skipping to make things interesting!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Yep, I hate doing it, but sometimes you don’t have a choice.

LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

I was actually wondering about that. I’m hoping to take my six year old out in the next day or three and could sure ruin the trip by getting stuck. Anyone been driving (4×4 or ATV) through this stuff in the last few days? Noticed 8-10 guys out on Centerville/Peltier on Sunday, but everyone was walking (due to the slush, I presume).

Thanks,

Jim

><(((>

FishHead
    ST Paul

I wouldnt recommmend driving. I was on Jane thursday night and it was scary. Going out I had to have it 4 wheel low and make a path by driving back and forth so I could get back. When I did go in my path filed up with water and slush water was flying over the roof and then I almost got stuck in the 3 foot drifts in the parking lot.

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I was on Jane Saturday and it wasn’t to bad. the slush is a little creepy but I had no traction problems but there is a lot of water on the ice where the snow is drifted. I felt good about the ice because where I parked my pickup there was no extra water when I left. There were about 8 vehicles out there and 2 in the parking lot. I would be careful in the lot it is one heck of a bumpy ride.
    The ice still was nice and clear! But the water did not seem as clear as last month.

UncleGrump
    Dodge County MN

Down here in the south, the lakes have snow, a crust of ice, water, and then ice. Stuff is nasty to move about on. Ice is solid – about 12″ on the two I was on (Thur and yesterday).

Snowmobile was working hard to move about on the stuff yesterday.

UG

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.