George Wyth Sunday

• sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Got out for a few hours this afternoon on Brinker Lake. We fished north of the highway up in the brush. The crappies definitely seem to be relating to light conditions as we didn’t start catching fish until almost five. Crappies ran small today with the biggest being about ten inches. A flasher is also a must for these fish as most of our fish were from two to four feet off the bottom. Lots of fish but had to sort to get some for the pan. I did talk to a couple of guys who said they caught quite a few in the 11-13 inch range before the front came through. Glitter glows and waxies in 8-10 feet of water were the key for us, no fish on minnows all afternoon.

eyetracker
    waterloo Ia

I drove over there and seen all the tents and decided to take my boys over to fisher to the depths of 4 FOW. They caught all gills I could handle between the two poles that were in the water. black and white tear drops tipped with waxies. Boy I wish I had the camera . Iced 6 that were 7-8″, all the rest were 5-6″. We released them all after only a hour and a half of fishing. Between the wind and cold temps, they were ready to go.
    Tight lines & good fishing!

sean-lyons

How much ice is on Fisher?

eyetracker
    waterloo Ia

between 5-6″ depending which side of the log you were on

ducky
    Waterloo, Iowa

Hey Sean, wanna fish out there sometime? Im still trying to learn more about that lake and where to find the walleyes.
    Rich

sean-lyons

Sure, we can get together sometime, not sure if I can help on the walleyes though, I’ve never looked for ’em. Got out on saturday from about three until full dark, fished brinker again in about ten FOW. Marked tons of fish on the vex but struggled to catch them to begin with, only putting about one in ten that showed up on the ice. After about ten bait switches I tried a green rat finkee with better results, about one in three blips on the flasher turned into fish. Aggressive jigging would bring these fish out of the bottom, but it needed to be dead still to get bit. Caught about eighteen crappies, with size still running a bit small, largest about nine inches.

ducky
    Waterloo, Iowa

Thursday afternoon about 2:30 sound good? PM or email me if you want to hit it.

Rich

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.